Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hud Mod Help

Photo 
So I've been tinkering with the vita.uasset (from BattleAsset\CockpitTop) and have extracted the .TGA file (uncompressed) so I can edit on Photoshop. After doing the proper edits, I saved it as a 32-bit TGA file and the file size remained the same (513kb). I then setup the folder structure on Unreal 4.7.6 and imported the TGA file to it's appropriate folder and packaged the file. The file size came out a lot smaller (104kb) and it's NameTable structure (check pic) seen from extract.exe is slightly different. It also reads PNG format on umodel.exe. Can anyone help point what I missed? I know I'm going through this a bit quick, but I did skimmed through Uncle Festor's and BrutalAce's texture/UE4 workflow tutorial. Any help is appreciated!

[Image: A1dGGqI.png]

(06-11-2020, 03:57 AM)FGCdraft Wrote: So I've been tinkering with the vita.uasset (from BattleAsset\CockpitTop) and have extracted the .TGA file (uncompressed) so I can edit on Photoshop. After doing the proper edits, I saved it as a 32-bit TGA file and the file size remained the same (513kb). I then setup the folder structure on Unreal 4.7.6 and imported the TGA file to it's appropriate folder and packaged the file. The file size came out a lot smaller (104kb) and it's NameTable structure (check pic) seen from extract.exe is slightly different. It also reads PNG format on umodel.exe. Can anyone help point what I missed? I know I'm going through this a bit quick, but I did skimmed through Uncle Festor's and BrutalAce's texture/UE4 workflow tutorial. Any help is appreciated!

@"FGCdraft" Are you getting the cooked assets? That could be the issue. Make sure you go to "Your Projects name"\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\XXX\SkelMesh\XX\Texture\

Also does the smaller version of the file work?

(07-06-2020, 05:02 PM)TripKing Wrote:
(06-11-2020, 03:57 AM)FGCdraft Wrote: So I've been tinkering with the vita.uasset (from BattleAsset\CockpitTop) and have extracted the .TGA file (uncompressed) so I can edit on Photoshop. After doing the proper edits, I saved it as a 32-bit TGA file and the file size remained the same (513kb). I then setup the folder structure on Unreal 4.7.6 and imported the TGA file to it's appropriate folder and packaged the file. The file size came out a lot smaller (104kb) and it's NameTable structure (check pic) seen from extract.exe is slightly different. It also reads PNG format on umodel.exe. Can anyone help point what I missed? I know I'm going through this a bit quick, but I did skimmed through Uncle Festor's and BrutalAce's texture/UE4 workflow tutorial. Any help is appreciated!

@"FGCdraft" Are you getting the cooked assets? That could be the issue. Make sure you go to "Your Projects name"\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\XXX\SkelMesh\XX\Texture\

Also does the smaller version of the file work?

The smaller file doesn't work :/, ok I'll go over my folder structure again

@"FGCdraft"
If I understand correctly, are you editing the texture and want to insert it back into the file? And for this you use UE?
do you want to do something like this?
[Image: image.png]
My english very bad I use Google TranslateSmile
[+] 1 user Likes gravelee's post

@"gravelee"
Can you share any hud mod you have made (whether it's for testing or not)? Thank you in advance.

@"robhal"
The picture above is what I did for the example. Didn't plan to make a mod)
[+] 1 user Likes gravelee's post

@"gravelee"
Okay, no problem then Wink

(08-01-2020, 07:38 AM)gravelee Wrote: @"FGCdraft"
If I understand correctly, are you editing the texture and want to insert it back into the file? And for this you use UE?
do you want to do something like this?
[Image: image.png]

Yes! Something like this! Could you teach us how to do it? If you don't mind of course

This post explains how you can insert a texture back into UASSET.
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=57

(08-15-2020, 07:25 AM)gravelee Wrote: This post explains how you can insert a texture back into UASSET.  
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=57

Thank you so much for this! I still didn't know how to mess with the format PF_G8B8R8A8 or whatever but after tinkering with plugins on photoshop I finally got it ;_;

This is all I really wanted to do with it  Big Grin

[Image: G4Puiuv.png]
[+] 2 users Like FGCdraft's post

@"FGCdraft"
Great to see the result. Now, can I count on you to make and share some hud mods in the future? Wink

@"robhal"
Sure! Long as it's nothing too crazy  Tongue I think I'll also post a step by step guide just so everyone can mess with it too!
[+] 1 user Likes FGCdraft's post