Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Don't you just hate Patreon modders?

I'm serious, like 90% of the mods on DeviantArt are from Patreon modders, especially from TiggieWhite. Dude's got tons of awesome mods that are locked behind Patreon paywalls. And he's the only one doing mods of Ibuki that are actually of quality, but I can't get them because he's being greedy about it. I just wanted a Momiji cosplay for Ibuki...

Eh, it's a quite touchy subject honestly, some are okay to it yet some also aren't. Thing is, people think that it's an easy job doing these mods when it mostly isn't but seeing as I'm not a modder myself (I'll leave that job to those who are good at it, huge respect to them btw), I can't explain how the process is.
[Image: iz5LICs.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Karl_Est's post

Not really. Tiggiewhite has some of the best mods in the community, and I don't have problems with those mods being exclusive. If you want something of high quality, it's normal to pay for it (especially with his mods). Those mods take many hours of work. If I wasn't poor, I'd be subscribed to several patreons.

You can debate on that matter of course, and we can have a nice talk about it, but the debate ends when you publish several posts about it. And, I hope it's not you, but someone tweeted Capcom denouncing Tiggiewhite's Patreon, at the same time that you published your thread:

[Image: doLT7Z6.png]
[Image: tC082HC.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Leonaura's post

Tweeting Capcom like that is a crappy stunt. Anyone that does that is an enemy of the modding community
[+] 3 users Like The Nibbler's post

(03-22-2020, 06:59 PM)PrimeTF Wrote: I'm serious, like 90% of the mods on DeviantArt are from Patreon modders, especially from TiggieWhite. Dude's got tons of awesome mods that are locked behind Patreon paywalls. And he's the only one doing mods of Ibuki that are actually of quality, but I can't get them because he's being greedy about it. I just wanted a Momiji cosplay for Ibuki...

@"PrimeTF"
So you thought this would go over well here of all places.  Confused

I can' t speak for other people but I know the time I personally have spent working on mods, I've lost a lot of sleep and a lot of weekends trying to figure this shit out, and I'm still not that good, so if a modder who's put in the time to actually learn and hone their craft wants to charge for the work, I personally respect the choice. 

If it was easy or not time consuming you would've learned to make it yourself. 

It's interesting that segaplayer-whoever is talking about "using SFV to make a profit off of the game". Lots of people do that, youtubers and casters and bloggers all trying to sell SF5 like it's the greatest thing ever so that they can get their money. And some of them use mods to do it!  I don't see why modders are the only people that have to take shit over this.  

I have issues with paid modding I am still working through honestly. People use free assets made by other people (and then ported to Xnalara) and free tutorials to learn. If the assets and tutorials also disappeared behind paywalls, there probably wouldn't be that many mods at all.  But labor is still labor, you don't expect a mechanic to work on your car for days and then not pay them because they didn't invent the brakes or whatever. 

What I do know is that reporting people to Capcom to try to mess up their income is just bitter and petty. Being an asshole to people will not just magically make the mods free, they will just go away and you will still have nothing, and then everyone is unhappy.

Make your own stuff if you really want it. That's sort of the point of this whole place. At least to me, anyway.
[+] 5 users Like sleepy_scrub's post

You seem to think that just because you know how to trace over someone else's work means that I owe you anything.

This is the equivalent of tracing someone else's artwork and posing it as their own. That's plagiarism. I don't think I've ever seen any other community try to push paid mods as the standard. And these people are charging $30-$50 for one mod when that's basically the same price as another game. Hell, that's the same price as the MK11: Aftermath expansion.

I'm going to side with SakuraSoMo on this one, and considering this entire forum was the result of his "nuclear" option, I imagine you guys probably don't care. You'd probably stick to your greed in spite of SSM, considering Robhal, who founded this forum, pretty much ragequit Zeta Boards. He'd rather take the "easy" way out instead of owning up to this.

Thread is closed because (quoting the person who report this thread) "it has gone far enough where it's past constructive discourse and is just rude".
And the poster is banned as well.