Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Modding Discussion Thread

In this thread, any post related with asking or sharing some info about modding is allowed.

I guess the first thing to know is probably how do we get access to the game files (if they are packed like in SFV or Tekken 7, we also need to know how to extract the pak files) so that we can start poking around.
[+] 1 user Likes robhal's post

Ok, so this game is actually very flexible. All the files are located in : ...\REDGame\CookedPCConsole

They are all compressed & encrytped. However, the game will read decompressed decrypted files. So I've created a toolset for this game that'll decrypt, decompress, & extract al the files. I also included a texture extrator/Injector to make texture mods (Newest versions of all tools are included).

You can esxtract the skeletalmesh files using Umodel (You need to select only SkelMesh & Textures otherwise it'll crash), which I also include in the toolset. I haven't tried to do anything with custom meshes yet, but the game seems to have been created on a modified version of UE3. Although it hurt to test if it'll still load assets from the newest version of UE3.

Toolset is available in the tools section.

EDIT:

The file types are as follows:
Labled as: CharName_FileType_Unk_Costume (Not all apply)

AXL_EFF_SEL_01_SF - EFF are effects files

AXL_MAT_0100_SF - MAT are Materials & textures, Costume 01 is 101

AXL_MSH_SEL_01_SF - MSH are SkeletalMesh files - I'm pretty sure SEL is CharSelect - so this would be the mesh used on the character select screen

AXL_UI_AC25_SF - UI is User Interface {Self-Explanatory really}

There's also animation, Voice & Sound Effect files for each character along with stage files & general files for everythong else.
[+] 3 users Like UncleFestor's post

@"UncleFestor"
Nice bro. These stuff will surely help someone to start making some mods for Guilty Gear too.

Btw, I am curious about the "texture extractor/Injector to make texture mods", I know you had made the texture extractor for SFV (via a bat file and umodel) but can those combined "texture extractor/Injector" that you made for Tekken 7 and now for GGXrdR2, also made for SFV too?

I suppose so. So it would be so you can edit textures without having to cook anything in UE4 correct?

I can whip one up. Gimmie a day or so

@"UncleFestor"
Actually that's not the reason I want your tool, it's because sometime I got trouble injecting some dds files into some texture uasset using the hex editing method (the result is undesirable in game).

Okay, will wait for it.

Here's a couple more filetypes:

POT_SE_SF - SE is Sound Effects

POT_DAT_SF - Data Files containing Collision & Scripts & possibly TweakVars

POT_DAT_20_SF - Same as above
[+] 1 user Likes UncleFestor's post

(09-25-2017, 03:34 PM)robhal Wrote: @"UncleFestor"
Actually that's not the reason I want your tool, it's because sometime I got trouble injecting some dds files into some texture uasset using the hex editing method (the result is undesirable in game).

Okay, will wait for it.

Give me a few days. Work is making it difficult to devot a lot of time into this, however, I'm fairly certain I can get it done by Friday.

I think the best way to go is to use U-Model to extract as TGA, you can then edit the textures how you want and save as TGA. I'll use a texture converter to convert to either DXT1 DXT5 or BC5 (Depending on file type) and create the MipMaps. Then a bms script will inject the textures into the uasset file. I need to verify some stuff with umodel, and make sure I can get the script to work how I need it to.

@"UncleFestor"
Don't worry about that, I am not in hurry anyway.

So this is a quick video showing a material swap. I swapped his Glow Materials around with his Base Materials (Normal Costume) to make it look even more animated. There's some pretty kool effects you can achieve through swapping.

(09-27-2017, 03:03 AM)robhal Wrote: @"UncleFestor"
Don't worry about that, I am not in hurry anyway.

Posted in the SFV tools section

"bump"

Hi, i'm trying to figure out how to mod the textures or swap for KY kiske.

I followed everything but i'm having trouble with the process. I want to swap and replace Ky's NO#1 outfit for Rev2. and then upload it to Rev2's nexus page.

The outfit below is exclusive to Guilty Gear XRD "SIGN"   
Outfit NO# 10

[Image: JMJc.png]

[Image: NMJc.png]

I tried everything i can think of in order to make it work For "Rev 2" but no progress. the outfit for Ky's SIGN outfit can be found below 
https://ufile.io/fc53j

Any more files requested or required from Xrd "SIGN" i can give in order to aid if necessary. It just sucks that this outfit was removed from rev 2, it's an awesome outfit.

The Outfit seems to already be In Rev 2,

[Image: IuKc.png]

the only issue is that it's for second player only; when they both use the same outfit.

I believe The file name in Rev 2 is - KYK_MAT_0124_SF
I tried to replace the file with Ky's first outfit and the game keeps locking up. i wonder what the issue is.