Modder Base
[Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tools, Tutorials & Resources (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Tutorials / Guides (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+---- Thread: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes (/showthread.php?tid=811)

Pages: 1 2

[Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - TiggieWhite - 06-04-2019

Finally I got some time on this. I know it's kinda annoying that we can't swap C10+ slot costumes... well, is that so?!
Actually we can!
I successfully did one here. Chunli C10 to C01. You can find the download link on the bottom of this post.
Here's the preview though.

[Image: Swap1.jpg]

So, I'm lazy, I'm not gonna tell you all the details about it. I'm only going to tell you something important.
"What's the difference between C10+ and C10- ?"
That's the core question isn't it?
So, I made some tests, finally I find out that....no much, only one place different.
For example, Chunli's main costume file, it's name is "CNL_10", but when we open it with HxD, we can only find "CNL", so "_10" go missing, right?!
So, where is it?
It's here :
[Image: swap2.jpg]

"0B"=_10,
"0C"=_11,
"0D"=_12,
"0E"=_13
'00'= _01 ~ _09

you can easily find this area, it's usually under the "FF FF FF FF", yeah, under the first "FF"
Not only the CNL_10.uasset, all the file names ending with the "_1X" even "_2X" will have this.
say "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_10.uasset",  you can find "0B" here:
[Image: swap3.jpg]

again, under the first "FF" right? quite easy I think.
so, we find out the difference, what now?
there's one way to do it.
I changed those "0B" to "00", and delete the "_10" from their original name. like from "CNL_10.uasset" to "CNL.uasset", "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_10.uasset" to "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting.uasset"
I borrow the "DA_CNL_Costume_01.uasset" from Chunli C01. open it with HxD, change "CNL_01" to "CNL", "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01" to "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting"
And I also borrow the "DA_CNL_PreviewCostume_01.uasset" from Chunli C01. then do the same thing like above.
also, don't forget replace all the '/10/' to '/01/'.

and...it's pretty much it, done! 
now you can swap C10+ to C10- with Apex physics.

@"robhal"
Sorry man... maybe you will have more things to do from now on because of this......
And you know my Sorry English, if you understand what I'm talking about, maybe do a real tutorial later ?
 ----------------------------
Here's the pak, you can check that out if still don't know how to do it. you can compare the files.
SwapModDownload

RE: Let's learn how to swap C10+ costumes ! - robhal - 06-04-2019

@"TiggieWhite"
FINALLY, a breakthrough I have been waiting for so long! What an amazing discovery you got there bro, thank you thank you very much for it Smile

I have applied your guide to test making the mini swap for Chun-Li's C10 and also C12 (because in the past I used her C12 for my ideas for swapping the C10+ costumes that all were ended in failure), and now all come with a smile on my face as they are successful.

I notice with your picture and the swap you provided, there are couple of minor issues:
1. The color preview boxes don't match with the actual costume colors. It can be fixed by copying some dummy color preview file from C1-C9 then we hex-edit it (using this tutorial here) accordingly to what is listed in the original C10 color preview file. But I probably won't do this either because it's too much work and time consuming.

2. We can't use the costume code with your swap (in case of Chun-Li's C10, it removes the sarong). We can fix this too by also swapping the "DA_CNL_MaterialPreset_10" files (must also apply the above hex-editing treatment as discovered by you above), then we must use the dummy "DA_CNL_Costume_XX" and "DA_CNL_PreviewCostume_XX" files that have the entry for ""DA_CNL_MaterialPreset_XX" (in this case, I use the one from her C8 files) and hex-edit them accordingly.

Anyway, here are the mini swaps for both C10&C12 to C1-C3 slot, if you (or anyone) want to check them out. I will ofc include them in my mini swap mod pack and also make more later.
https://mega.nz/#!4IIVTCZQ!a1j9XHPzjFkBMWGYcqqzODtjD9agAfAHbyVN1gCJyho

Once again, I really have to say many thanks for this awesome and amazing discovery bro, and yeah it means more works for me but it's okay Wink

EDIT: now that we can swap from C10+ to C1 till C9, how about the opposite (from C1 till C9 swap to C10+), will try that too later.

RE: Let's learn how to swap C10+ costumes ! - TiggieWhite - 06-04-2019

@"robhal"
Well, I was a little bit excited myself, so I pak the file ASAP. I did ignore PreviewColor on purpose, because I'm lazy like I've mentioned. But I did forget the costume code thing, because I was excited so I didn't check. Since you mentioned I think I should use C04 as a bridge. I can borrow DA_CNL_Costume_04, and change the name inside the file from "DA_CNL_MaterialPreset_04" to "DA_CNL_MaterialPreset", and then I can use DA_CNL_MaterialPreset_10.uasset. just delete the _10 from it's name.
You use C08, I use C04 because they all have the MaterialPreset... yeah, you get me, you always do. that's why I @you Smile
I don't even need to check your mini swaps, I know you can do it, no doubt !

I guess we can do the opposite stuff, you know, it's even easier than what we have already done.

anyway, very glad to see you love this. finally we can swap everything here right?!
Let me know if you have any other problems to fix, I'm your man.

ENJOY MODDING~

RE: Let's learn how to swap C10+ costumes ! - robhal - 06-05-2019

Thanks bro, but without your guide here it won't happen like now because honestly after so many failure attempts, I don't do the tests anymore because I was already out of ideas.

Anyway, I have tried to do the swap from C1 (still Chun-Li's) to her C18 (the June costume slot, which I have access to it) and also from C12 to her C18 slot again, but unfortunately they are all ended in failure (invisible model in char select screen and in the actual fight screen). The only thing that works is the color preview boxes from C1 can show correctly when swapped to C18 slot (instead of the usual "double pink" color preview boxes).

I will keep trying, but in the meanwhile I want to ask, can you also do the test yourself to swap from those scenarios? Thanks in advance.

RE: Let's learn how to swap C10+ costumes ! - TiggieWhite - 06-05-2019

@"robhal"
I see, so I'm gonna show you the result ( C12 to C18 ) first, it says : " Possible! "
[Image: swap18.jpg]

I think it's the same way as we do C10+ swap to C10-, something might cause the problem you met. 
DA_Z02_Costume_18
DA_Z02_CostumeColorPreview_18
DA_Z02_PreviewCostume_18
those 3 files are special, because they will be read by the GameEngine directly. and for the others, their file path will be written into those files. For Exsample:
DA_Z02_MaterialPreset_18
you can find this file path in the "DA_Z02_Costume_18", in HxD, it's "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset", again, "_18" is missing.
So...that's the problem here. a little complicated for me to explain it, I don't know if you can understand me or not, but I'm still gonna say this. 
How can you know what file path should the Engine try to load?
For example:
DA_Z02_MaterialPreset_18.uasset, about this file. How can the Engine know it's full path? I mean in the DA_Z02_Costume_18.uasset, it's "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset", so why the Engine knows it's full name should be "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset_18" , not "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset" or "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset_20"??
You might think about the Magic Number I found yesterday right?
"0B" = 10,
"0D" = 12,
"13" = 18
Yes, you can find "0D" in "DA_CNL_Costume_12" and "13" in "DA_Z02_Costume_18". but that doesn't mean those Magic Numbers are there for the "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset", they are there for their own files(DA_XXX_Costume_XX). I think we can find some other "0D" or "13" in DA_XXX_Costume_XX. now one of them are there for DA_Z02_MaterialPreset. that would tell the GameEngine it's full name is "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset"+"_18".
otherwise, think, what if i want to put "DA_Z02_MaterialPreset_20" into "DA_Z02_Costume_18", if there's only one "13", it never gonna make it.
I really hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. because I believe that's the reason your mod doesn't work.
So my suggestion is:
borrow the original DA_Z02_Costume_18 and DA_Z02_PreviewCostume_18,
if you use DA_CNL_PreviewCostume_12 and DA_Z02_Costume_12. what I just said might happen, the Engine will be confused.

------------------------------

Still, I leave my pak here in case you need it.
C12toC18

RE: Let's learn how to swap C10+ costumes ! - robhal - 06-05-2019

@"TiggieWhite"
Once again bro, you have come to a rescue and for some enlightenment because honestly I admit that I maybe too rely on your "magic number" info and just push it without some further thoughts/ideas either. So now I guess I know (hope so) when to change the "magic number" part or not. And based on your latest insight, now I have also successfully make the swap from C1 to C18 (after several times trial-and-error), here is the preview pic
[Image: rxkqMmB.jpg]

And here are the mod files
https://mega.nz/#!BU5VmKob!V16yrges8nJNG65OcFLyjFZMRA107JlNteb79NYD7N0

Atm it's just a mini swap so only the DataAsset files that are modified (later I will also try to make the full swap too, should be easy now, right?). All files are from the original C1 folder (so no need to borrow them from C18 or somewhere else), now let me try to explain how I hex-edit for each files:
1. DA_CNL_Costume_01 (which is renamed to DA_Z02_Costume_18 ) --> first we change the magic number to "13" (for C18 ), then we rename the "DA_CNL_Costume_01" part into "DA_Z02_Costume", then the "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01" part is renamed into "DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18". Don't forget to rename the necessary "/01/" parts into "/18/" as well.
2. DA_CNL_CostumeColorPreview_01 (which is renamed to DA_Z02_CostumeColorPreview_18 ) --> change the magic number to "13", rename the "DA_CNL_CostumeColorPreview_01" part into "DA_Z02_CostumeColorPreview" and also the "/01/" to "/18/".
3. DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01 (which is renamed to DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18 ) --> *VERY IMPORTANT* DON'T change the magic number (or else the costume won't change color), rename the "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01" part into "DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18" and also the "/01/" to "/18/".
4. DA_CNL_PreviewCostume_01 (which is renamed to DA_Z02_PreviewCostume_18 ) --> change the magic number to "13", rename the "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01" part into ""DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18", then rename the "DA_CNL_PreviewCostume_01" part into "DA_Z02_PreviewCostume" and finally all necessary "/01/" parts are renamed into "/18/" as well.

Anyway bro, now we can say that we truly can swap any costumes to any slots, right? Wink Once again this won't happen until now if it's not because of your amazing discovery.

RE: Let's learn how to swap C10+ costumes ! - TiggieWhite - 06-05-2019

@"robhal"
Well, you're already ahead of me......Figures...
although... 2 things caught my attention...

1. you said you changed DA_CNL_Costume_01 to DA_CNL_Costume, and it still works?!  ...... hum, interesting...
I never think it gonna work if you change that file name. including the other two : DA_CNL_CostumeColorPreview_01 and DA_CNL_CostumePreview_01.  because I think their path has been written in somewhere else I don't know...well, maybe there're some other rules...

2.since the rules are different from what I though, maybe we can even try to swap C1 to C99.....?! finally we can have 99 costumes at one time!!!
Well, anyway, I think my job here is perfectly done~! It's all yours now.

I'll be here again when I have something new to share~~
Enjoy Modding~~!

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - lodoraemon - 09-05-2019

@robhal
Is there a full swap tutorial available? I tried to swap ChunliSparringCostume by BruceAce from C3 to C13 today, following the method you explained in #6. After replacing XXX_03 with XXX in their own files and adding "magic number" 0E,(with other regular 03-13 replacements),  the costume still can not display(4 data and 1mesh files are modified). I downloaded your C1-C18 file and tried to change the contents of all C18 to C13, successfully converted C1 to C13. But the same method does not work for ChunliSparringCostume by BruceAce. So I wonder if there are more complicated problems here?
Here are my files: https://mega.nz/#!VnREgaCQ!XEz4EXOnVEnNsa8i5E19OeWYR_1BAaiRn-3wiCLPJgI

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - TiggieWhite - 09-06-2019

@"lodoraemon"
I don't think you understand the principle of this, I know it's quite confusing. Why don't you ask Mr. robhal to do that for you, he's the swap-expert here.
also, if you want to do it by yourself, you should borrow DA_CNL_Costume_13.uasset from the original files.

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - robhal - 09-06-2019

@"lodoraemon"
I have checked your swap and there are couple of mistakes in there:
1. for swapping the C1/.../C9 to C10+ slot (in your case, C13), you don't need to edit the magic number and blank out the _XX part for CNL_13 mesh file, in fact there is nothing special treatment in this case, you only need to swap that mesh file as usual.

2. Unlike the mesh file above, the DataAsset files do need the special treatment and you seem make them correctly, but unfortunately you don't pay close attention to what I wrote in post #6 above, especially this line (I underline the part of your mistake)
Quote:. DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01 (which is renamed to DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18 ) --> *VERY IMPORTANT* DON'T change the magic number (or else the costume won't change color), rename the "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01" part into "DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18" and also the "/01/" to "/18/".

3. This one is nothing related with swapping the C1/.../C9 to C10+ slot, but for general swapping matter. You forgot to include the material file that is not included in the mod (in this case, it's the CM_CNL_03_Shoes).

NOTE: in my computer I have corrected all the mistakes in your swap, but I can't test it in game because afaik Chun-Li's C13 slot is her RedBull costume (unique design, similar like the B-Girl costume) that only usable for people live in Japan and only accessible with PS4 (meaning: PC version can't use that costume, afaik).

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - lodoraemon - 09-07-2019

(09-06-2019, 02:55 PM)robhal Wrote: @"lodoraemon"
I have checked your swap and there are couple of mistakes in there:
1. for swapping the C1/.../C9 to C10+ slot (in your case, C13), you don't need to edit the magic number and blank out the _XX part for CNL_13 mesh file, in fact there is nothing special treatment in this case, you only need to swap that mesh file as usual.

2. Unlike the mesh file above, the DataAsset files do need the special treatment and you seem make them correctly, but unfortunately you don't pay close attention to what I wrote in post #6 above, especially this line (I underline the part of your mistake)
Quote:. DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01 (which is renamed to DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18 ) --> *VERY IMPORTANT* DON'T change the magic number (or else the costume won't change color), rename the "DA_CNL_CustomizeSetting_01" part into "DA_Z02_CustomizeSetting_18" and also the "/01/" to "/18/".

3. This one is nothing related with swapping the C1/.../C9 to C10+ slot, but for general swapping  matter. You forgot to include the material file that is not included in the mod (in this case, it's the CM_CNL_03_Shoes).

NOTE: in my computer I have corrected all the mistakes in your swap, but I can't test it in game because afaik Chun-Li's C13 slot is her RedBull costume (unique design, similar like the B-Girl costume) that only usable for people live in Japan and only accessible with PS4 (meaning: PC version can't use that costume, afaik).

Thank you for your detailed answers, I will fix it and try it.

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - robhal - 10-26-2019

@"TiggieWhite"
@"bbb"
And anyone else:

I am sorry that I didn't post this info as earliest as possible because I forget and just recall this now as I see this post by @"bbb".

Anyway, about the swap from C1/C2/C3/.../C9 to C10 and above, if the source costume has the "DA_xxx_MaterialPreset_yy" file (for example: all characters' C4-C9 and also Juri & Poison's C1-C3) you guys MUST NOT CHANGE the magic number and blank out the "_yy" part (with hex-editor) for that file. I just learnt that myself a few weeks ago when I tried to do the "R.Mika C4-Swimsuit swap to C11" and also "Juri C1 Battle Hair (by TaNooki) swap to C11", because if you change the magic number and blank out the "_yy" part for the "DA_xxx_MaterialPreset_yy" file, the costume won't perform like normal anymore (example: in R.Mika C4's case, the costume code won't work anymore; then in Juri C1's case, the costume won't have the eyepatch anymore which is special for Juri as she can remove the eyepatch in battle with either V-Trigger or CA).

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - BBB - 10-26-2019

@"robhal"

In that example I posted, It was a C2 costume mod I made. Her C2 doesn't have the eye patch and doesn't have a costume code, so what could that file be used for on that costume? I haven't noticed any issues with the mod after converting it so far. I had changed the magic number and the script blanked out the "_yy" part

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - robhal - 10-26-2019

@"bbb"
Well yes indeed Juri C2 and C3 don't have the eyepatch, and I also don't know what the MaterialPreset file used for her C2/C3, so you should be right that there is no issue whether you "change the magic number and blank out the _yy part" or not. I only mention your post because at the moment I saw it I suddenly immediately remember about such thing, so I quickly post the info in here to let you and anyone else know just in case later you maybe swap some (particularly the costume slots I mentioned above) to C10+ slot.

RE: [Tutorial] Swap C10+ costumes - BBB - 10-26-2019

@"robhal"

alright, thanks. I will update the script to not include the MaterialPreset

EDIT

@"robhal"
@"TiggieWhite"
@"addysun"
@"BrendaMarzipan"
@"firstballot"
and anyone else

I have updated the script according to robhal's new info

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0xqu1q4osml858l/sfv_xviscript_-_Costume_Slot_Conversion.7z/file

EDIT 2

Check next post for better script.