Modder Base
[Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Tools, Tutorials & Resources (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Tutorials / Guides (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+---- Thread: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod (/showthread.php?tid=53)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

[Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 08-27-2017

NOTE2: if you are looking for the guide to swap the C10+ costumes, here you are http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=811

There are two ways to do a swap mod (either between costume slots or from one character to other character)

1. Full swap --> original post from moddah
Show ContentSpoiler:

2. Mini swap --> original post from moddah
Show ContentSpoiler:
NOTE: the character codes shown in the guides above still use the old S1 version (eg. Nadeshiko = EAB instead of NDK, R.Mika = CED instead of RMK), so please apply this info accordingly to the current game version.

Extra: many times if you use both methods above to swap from character to other, you may see the "monkey face" issue. Here is how to fix it (info by nepafu)
Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - kasake - 12-31-2017

I tried this on the newer costumes and this doesn't seem to work?

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 12-31-2017

@"kasake"
You probably didn't check on the filename for the newer costumes as in some cases they are different than usual, example: Alex's C6 (the professional costume) uses the code Z15 (the usual is ALX) on the filename.

Also atm I also can't figure out the solution on how to swap the costumes for character who has slot 10 and above (example: Cammy's C10, Chun-Li's C10+C11+C12+C14+C15+C16+C17).

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - allthewaythrough - 04-01-2018

Wait, so how do I swap from C6 to C1 of the same character? Just renaming all the files doesn't do it, so I guess I have to also rename all the 06s to 01s in the hex editor?

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 04-01-2018

@"allthewaythrough"
As you can see on the tutorial post above, renaming the files alone doesn't work, you will also need to hex-edit all files too. However, you don't just blindly renaming all the 06s to 01s in the hex editor, you just want to rename all those files/folders references only.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - thundr51 - 05-10-2018

@"robhal"

Thanks to you I think I would like to try to make a swap, but this tutorial seems (fairly) old? I can't even find the files! I like there is something missing from the directions? Also, what do you use as your hex editor?

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 05-10-2018

@"thundr51"
The tutorial was from S1 era, so it still used the old code convention (eg. CED is now RMK (R.Mika), EAB is now NDK (Nadeshiko), etc), but the tutorial itself is still valid to follow. I use Hex Workshop but HxD is good and the same anyway so whatever hex editor you use is okay.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - thundr51 - 05-10-2018

(05-10-2018, 05:49 PM)robhal Wrote: @"thundr51"
The tutorial was from S1 era, so it still used the old code convention (eg. CED is now RMK (R.Mika), EAB is now NDK (Nadeshiko), etc), but the tutorial itself is still valid to follow. I use Hex Workshop but HxD is good and the same anyway so whatever hex editor you use is okay.

@"robhal"

Thanks for that, but the first quote explains where to find the files

Quote:Take the 01 folder from StreetFighterV/StreetFighterV/Content/Chara/EAB/SKelMesh

And I don't see these file in my installation, no Chara folder.  So I figure I must have missed something somewhere.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 05-11-2018

@"thundr51"
Oh I am sorry to misread your question. Anyway, it's because you haven't extracted all the files from the official game pak files yet. Here is the info on how to do that
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=55

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - thundr51 - 05-11-2018

@"robhal"

Thanks to you I have successfully created my own swap (Karin C2 - Kolin C2)! Thanks again for guidance.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - thundr51 - 05-14-2018

@"robhal"

Ok, so my first experiment was successful, but my second and third have failed. I was attempting to swap Cammy c6 to Kolin c2 or c6 and neither of them worked. There was no crashing, the costume was wrong. Any ideas what could be wrong? Are there specific issues with Cammys C6 like Ibuki's stuff? I can upload the pak file if needed.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 05-14-2018

@"thundr51"
Cammy C6 is her CPT outfit, there is nothing special treatment required for swapping that costume so you should be able to swap it to other characters just fine (unlike Ibuki's or Chun-Li's). Maybe you forget to rename the character code (from CMY to Z20) or the costume number (from 06 to 02)? And yes, please upload the file if you want me to check it.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - thundr51 - 05-14-2018

@"robhal"
Figured it out, my folder structure was wrong. thanks again.

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - Ecchi Gamer - 05-16-2018

@"robhal"

need a little help with costume slot swap
i do know how to swap 2 characters
and i have tried out the costume slot swap tutorial too

thing is that i want to swap all of the files from let say C3 to C4 for example
i don't want the newly modded C4 dependent on the files of C3 in /01/ folder
rather i wanted to change all the files of C3 to C4

i did tried that but ending up freezing my game several times
i don't know where did i mess up

using edditor renamed all of the   Z20_03  to  Z20_04   and all of the  /03/    to   /04/
and i also rename the files for C4 as well
but doing that just frooze my game

RE: [Tutorial] How to make a swap mod - robhal - 05-16-2018

@"Ecchi Gamer"
Usually the mistake is when you tell the hex editor to rename all instances of Z20_03 (for example) to something, it will also probably rename something unwanted and that will cause the issue like the game will crash etc. The key here is don't use the "search and replace all" function, but use the "search and replace one by one" therefore you can check what you suppose to edit or not. You are supposed only to hex edit the stuff that related to "file / folder reference", anything else can be ignored.