Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ya-Ha - 10-30-2017

@BrutalAce

Hi thanks for your help, this is a screenshot of UE 

[Image: yVhh08G.jpg]

In the game, Ken have a basic material like when you remove all the material on UE (grey with checker texture). 
And also on the story mode, the 3d model is not rotate the right way but its fine on the game. Undecided

thanks

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Gojira - 10-30-2017

(10-28-2017, 06:11 AM)Tha Big Daddy C-Master Wrote: I was told to leave one in because the game couldn't run without it.  So I left in pak 53.  I could leave a different pack file in the folder instead and try that.

You don't need to leave any of the actual game files, and you don't want to anyway because the contents of a pak will overwrite anything that you change.

All the game needs is to see a pak in there.  Just make an empty txt file, rename it dummy.pak and leave that in the folder, and that should be all you need.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Reboot - 10-30-2017

Is it still possible to change your CFN name in HEX ?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - ryu4life - 10-30-2017

I just bought Kolin's sporty costume and was going to edit the colors but I don't see it listed when I extract the pak files. Could it be located somewhere else?

nvm, I just found the latest update pak file in my steam saved folder.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-30-2017

Question all:
Does anybody know what controls the glow effect on Necali's skin when he V-Triggers? Not the hair, but the glowy scars themselves. Something on his SRMA or MASK I'm guessing?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-31-2017

@Ya-Ha

Most likely your project is not setup correctly from what I can see, there should be a "material" folder in 01 folder then BaseMaterial folder in CMN folder. Have you tried watching these tutorials to understand the UE4 project workflow ?

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=97

You probably need to see the fourth part to understand the UE4 import process. If you still face issues then send me your UE4 project and I'll fix that up for you then you can analyze it and ask questions about things you don't understand.

@sleepy_scrub

It's mostly the MASK file with minor changes to COLOR, SRMA and SSS (like dark lines over the affected areas). Necalli's skin gets black in V-Trigger automatically, I haven't found a way to prevent that though those bright scars during V-Trigger can be removed with simple texture edits, I have edited texture files that I used in Necalli Ogre mod, I can send them to you if you want ?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ya-Ha - 10-31-2017

@BrutalAce

Thanks man, yeah that was my UE setup the problem, I figured out when you first told me that it might be a problem on my setup.

Now I can focus on other parts.

Thanks

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - THEJAMK - 11-06-2017

Hello, I need a hair material with alpha but the character I try to modify does not have any material like that, how can I change it, copy it or whatever the properties of one material to another?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 11-06-2017

@THEJAMK

Take the hair material from another character that has those properties then hex edit the material file to match target character naming.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - KrizmKazm - 11-07-2017

Got a question...

In many cases, I use Capcom's invisible file method to hide certain parts of a character's costume.
For the first time, I've run into a file name that is too long for me to use this method (CM_Z10_07_E06_SweaterSchoolBadge). By "too long", I mean editing the name in the uasset file starts to overlap existing text and will break the code/crash the game. Can anything be done here to allow for the extra characters within the uasset? OR has anyone seen a longer material name than this one I should check out?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - THEJAMK - 11-07-2017

@BrutalAce  thanks, i think I was doing it well but the problem was that the texture folder is named 'textures' instead of 'texture' , so in the material file can't edit the folder name in hex, because the size change and crash.  I solved this creating a new folder named 'texture' alongside the other and move the textures that I need there And finally work Big Grin

Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 11-07-2017

@THEJAMK
Damn bro, it sure looks very awesome Smile Although I don't recognize who that character is.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - THEJAMK - 11-07-2017

@robhal Lars from Tekken

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 11-07-2017

@THEJAMK

Your welcome and that was a smart solution Evil Grin

@KrizmKazm

Not sure what can be done for such a long name and I haven't used this method myself a lot but recently @bbb used this on Menat's story costume and I think he was also facing similar issue but he fixed it somehow, maybe he can help you out.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 11-08-2017

@KrizmKazm and @BrutalAce

I fixed it by hex editing a shorter name in the mesh file itself, so for example you would hex edit Z10_07.uasset and rename CM_Z10_07_E06_SweaterSchoolBadge (2 locations) to something shorter like CM_Z10_07_E06_SSBadge (filling the remaining characters with 00 like you do with the material file) then continue with robhal's method using that new material name.