Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 10-05-2017

@Segadordelinks
Ed in cinematic story mode is different with the playable Ed, you can see their body size difference.

The files for cinematic story mode Ed are packed inside the "StreetFighterV_General", the character code is EDO (\StreetFighterV\Content\Demo\Assets\Chara\EDO).

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Segadordelinks - 10-05-2017

Thanks a lot, pal.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-08-2017

Ok, so, serious question.

I'm trying to get colorization working on Kolin's C1 hair? 
The only material slot that enables hair transparency is Z20_01_Ahair, which isn't colorable via the CustomizeSetting. I could move the hair to another slot but then transparency is gone and it's gonna look janky.
Is there a way to hex edit my way out of this? Can I switch which material file CustomizeSetting is pointing to somehow? Or hex edit the mesh so that it thinks Ahair is a different file (but keeps transparency?)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-09-2017

@sleepy_scrub

If their is no color slot for hairs in customization file then it means they dont have customization and they are taking single color from a common file just like Juri C2 skin which has same skin color across all colors, the only way I know to solve this is to switch to another costume slot that offers both transparent hair materials and a slot in color file.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-09-2017

@BrutalAce

Ughhhh which means I have to redo textures AGAIN. WHY DOES KOLIN HAVE SO MANY TEXTURES. On to plan B. Thanks dude.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-09-2017

@sleepy_scrub

What do you mean by doing textures again ? You just have to move the mesh to a new slot skeleton then assign the right parts to right materials based on your new slot and then hex edit those material files to point to your existing texture files correctly.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-09-2017

@BrutalAce
I see what you're saying. I didn't think any of Kolin's costumes had a colorable slot w/transparency enabled  but her C2 might actually.
[Image: 015.png?h=a5412fe756cb6703e3cfe70f8e890316]

I'll investigate when I get off work, thanks.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - gatto tom - 10-10-2017

Hi guys! 
I need some help with modding SFV
I want to recolor Menat's Story Outfit and so i want to know if i have all the tools to made the mod.
I downloaded:

Pak Mod Manager

Quickbms

U4pak

Umodel

Texture Exporter

So i extracted already all the paks with quickbms. To extract the texture have i to use Umodel right? So i want to know.. why her texture is white instead of purple?

[Image: menat_texture__by_gattotomdoa5lrmods-dbq5kkc.png]

Another questions: after I changed the color how can i reinject it? To make a .pak file with this recolored mod have I to create a lot of folders like Tekken7 7?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - FvckBringeR - 10-10-2017

@gatto tom

I'm not a modder, but if you "only" want to recolor, @KrizmKazm made a very nice and easy tutorial to edit colors

Check his channel on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y3-Wy1p1mM

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-10-2017

@gatto tom
All the clothes on the base model are (almost) always grey and colors are added through a combination of each character's Mask file and CustomizeSetting. That's how the game handles multiple costume colors- the base model is like a primer coat of paint. So that's normal.
If you're just changing colors the tutorial FvckBringeR linked too should help you out.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-11-2017

@gatto tom

Colors in SFV aren't hard painted on textures, the game use color customization using MASK and color files, if you just need to recolor one of her costume then you don't need to extract textures, just open the color file DA_XXX_CustomizeSetting_01 (where XXX is character code) and edit the colors. You need color edit tool for that, here is the link.

https://mega.nz/#!Gt13XD6A!NWeEJHifMnsfzOfFxXBNkXFas5OHWiVbfBbZ-V6251g

Where to find Models - heregoesalex - 10-14-2017

Hi! im gettin in the world of modding and already extracted my files but by using umodel, i can´t find the other model a meant DLC and alternative costumes just the regular ones, sorry if i dont know, i just start modding.

this is where i look for the normal C1 model 
D:\Documents\MOD CREATION\quickbms\output\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\LAR\SkelMesh\01\Mesh

But for C2, i follow this rute and find nothig, just this (DA_LAR_CostumeColorPreview_02)

D:\Documents\MOD CREATION\quickbms\output\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\LAR\SkelMesh\02\DataAsset

Thanks for the help! =)

Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 10-15-2017

@heregoesalex
Hi, welcome here.

Are you sure you have extracted all pak files? Please remember that there are 69 pak files. For example: Laura's C2 files are inside pak33.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - heregoesalex - 10-15-2017

(10-15-2017, 04:12 AM)robhal Wrote: @heregoesalex
Hi, welcome here.

Are you sure you have extracted all pak files? Please remember that there are 69 pak files. For example: Laura's C2 files are inside pak33.

Yes i have all the files call ¨pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor¨ and i use SFVUnpacker but nothing happen, only a folder called output with an empty folder with the same name of the .pak
 T.T maybe the SFVUnpacker its not working properly. yes there are 69 .pak files.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 10-16-2017

@heregoesalex
SFVUnpacker fail on ¨pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor¨ because the file now is over 4GB size, so you have to use the "quickbms_4gb_files.exe" to extract that one.