Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Firkraag - 09-15-2017

@"robhal" @"BrutalAce"
Thanks a lot, I'll be trying it all out for a couple days and see if both the sounds and rank-up graphics are gone and working as intended before posting the full mod anywhere.  Heart

Ok I have two problems with this mod now, first is this:

Show ContentSpoiler:

The second is that the replaced SYS.uasset (track 41, 42 and 45) in the sound folder which I replaced with muted sounds does not work either, the rank up and rank down jingle still plays.

Any ideas? It's nice to see that the texture at least got replaced even if it's not the desired result. Doesn't seem to be the case with my changes in eternity audio tool, do I need a specific format of audio or something? Do they have to be the same length? Any audio modders here who'd know?

Edit: Is it a problem that my muted files are 44100 Hz like this? IMAGE
Edit2: Robhal provided a new test version for the banner, sound is the only issue (for now at least until I can confirm it)

@"robhal"
Your new texture file worked! That's great. Thanks again!

Show ContentSpoiler:

However no matter what I try I am having problems with disabling the sounds I need using eternity audio tool.
I muted everything in: "StreetFighterV\Content\Sound\BGM\BGM_RANKUP_JINGLE.uasset"

I muted #41, 42, 45, 71, 72 in: "StreetFighterV\Content\Sound\SYS.uasset"

For reference here's the rank up, rank down and no rank change audios:

Show ContentSpoiler:

I don't know who to ask about audio changes either anymore. Do I need to hex edit something too or? I tried a lot of different swaps with eternity tool but nothing seems to stick..

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Firkraag - 09-17-2017

I tried some new things today that was not working, I must have tried around 5 different ways to edit these out now for many days and with 0 results. If anyone finds out how to change these sound files and wants to release this mod PM me I'll send you the other files but I give up.

Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 09-17-2017

@"Firkraag"
Bro, I am sorry to say this but is there a chance that you maybe replaced the wrong sound files in SYS.uasset? I mean, what if those sound files (41, 42, 44, 45) are not the only one you should replace? Beside those sound files, there are maybe others to replace too in SYS.uasset. My speculation is based on how those stage or character BGM uasset is structured, if you open those BGM files with eternity audio tool, you will see there are 5 or 6 sound files inside each one BGM uasset.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Firkraag - 09-17-2017

@"robhal"
Yes I listened through the whole .uasset playlist of every file in the sound folder, twice, and those files were the only ones that sounded alike. It may be possible however that the game uses these sounds but from another file in another folder and not from SYS.uasset or sound folder at all, in this case I have no idea where and which file.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Catastroph - 09-18-2017

I do not know if I'm in the correct place, I apologize if I'm on the wrong topic, but I thought I'd better ask a post instead of already creating a topic. I'm using a trainer to farm fight money (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ojfzcbn9ince4da/Street+Fighter+V+v1.0+Plus+12+Trainer.rar) When I try to activate the trainer it only activates for Player 1. Is there any way for trainer to work for Player 2?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 09-18-2017

@"Firkraag"
I see, then atm I am out of idea.

@"Catastroph"
Afaik the trainer is meant for Player 1 so it will only be activated for P1 then.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - RunicDG - 09-23-2017

Ok, I was trying to "fix" a mod, but considering I've never done any of this stuff I'm looking for some pointers.

Looking at this doll mod (except the updated 2.0 version, not uploaded on DA) by Moddah, the some of the dolls ingame have no eyelenses. These characters only have eyelenses during character select and while performing a critical art.

Moddah's last update was a couple months ago, so I tried it myself. I went as far as unpacking the pak files and checking the uasset files with a hex editor to see if filenames, paths etc are wrong, but no such luck. Something tells me this fix will require bigger gun than just an editor. Any pointers, or has this been fixed already?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 09-30-2017

Aaaay, got my game working again. Back to work.
Modders be advised, if you play with your game unpacked, pakchunk0 is now over 4 gbs so you have to use the 4GB quickbms or it won't unpack properly.
I was using the extract-all script and it was just ignoring pakchunk0, which was causing my game to crash after char select.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - MkJake65 - 10-04-2017

Has anyone figured out how to edit portraits?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-04-2017

Wait, alpha transparency does or doesn't work depending on which material layer you're on?
(MIND BLOWN EMOJI)
How did I not know this?

[Image: KOLIN_ALPHA_LAYER_TEST.jpg]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-05-2017

@"MkJake65"

Looking at the color portraits mod....
It looks like you have to replace the FaceIconLeft and FaceIconRight files for each character under Content -> Chara -> xxx -> Hud.
But I've never tried it so there might be more or less to it...?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-05-2017

@"sleepy_scrub"

Most of the materials dont support Alpha transparency, only few hair materials support it so you need to assign your hairs to that material.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Segadordelinks - 10-05-2017

I'm trying to mod Ed's costume 2 and it works well. But in Story mode he appears unmodded.

Does he use another set of files in Story Mode cinematics? And which ones are them?