Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-09-2019

@Eugene Import your mesh once more using the same settings you did originally. After you import it, instead of generating a new PhysicsAsset, just double click the mesh in UE4. Under 'Mesh Details' there is 'Physics -> Physics Asset'. You can easily assign/replace the PhysicsAsset here. Choose the PhysicsAsset you made from the Physics section. Hope that helps, mate.

Also if you'd like to reply to me, just tag me "@". You don't have to quote me Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-10-2019

@Ouji Awesome, thanks for the tips. Though the mod I created still crashes my game. What kind of possible cause could there be?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-10-2019

@Eugene Honestly, this could relate to a bunch of things. Are you sure you are maintaining the correct folder structure? Use your original character files as reference for having a correct folder structure. Also, when you create custom physics, you need to copy both your new cooked mesh and physics.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-10-2019

@Ouji My structure is "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Unreal Projects\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\IBK\SkelMesh\04\Mesh\IBK_04_PhysicsAsset.uasset", and I tried to use both my physics data with my new mesh, the result remains the same.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-10-2019

@Eugene That should be correct. Mind if you PM me your UE4 project file? The whole C:\Users\USER\Documents\Unreal Projects please, so I can figure out what's wrong?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 05:45 PM)Eugene Wrote: @Ouji  My structure is "C:\Users\USER\Documents\Unreal Projects\StreetFighterV\Content\Chara\IBK\SkelMesh\04\Mesh\IBK_04_PhysicsAsset.uasset", and I tried to use both my physics data with my new mesh, the result remains the same.

You have to cook files out of Unreal Project (file ->cook content for windows), and when you do it should generate a separate folder under Unreal Projects/xxx_Project/Saved/Cooked. Using uncooked files will def crash your game, fyi.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-11-2019

@sleepy_scrub Ah...so that's probably why my game crashed. But still, I can't cook my files, it just won't let me, here's my log.

Edit: This is my project if that helps.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-12-2019

@Eugene I figured out why it doesn't cook for you. You copied the original SFV files into you UE4 directory right? I assume that's the case. Try doing this, go to C:\Users\USER\Documents\Unreal Projects\StreetFighterV\Content and delete everything other than your custom PhysicsAsset and the stuff you didn't copy from the original SFV files. This happens because the files you get after using QuickBMS are actually already cooked and encrypted by Capcom themselves. Therefore, you should rather create an empty folder structure in UE4 that mimics the original folder structure instead of copying the whole Capcom files. Hope that's clear.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-13-2019

So, my physics mod has been successfully finished for the moment, thanks to a lot of support from the community. Up until now I've created breast & thigh physics of C1&4 for Ibuki, C1 for Sakura, C1 for Falke and edited Cammy's C1 for more intense thigh physics. Links is here. Though the breast and thigh doesn't quite "bounced" as I pictured but rather moving more like a water balloon, also Falke's shawl will getting quite funky in some big movements; other than that, I'm pretty content with my achievement so far. I'll upload my work here for those who also likes to make physics mod for the game or simply want to improve upon my mod.

BTW, I'm trying to update this mod and swap it to slot 2, but the result is quite disappointing, what steps did I miss?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-13-2019

@Eugene Glad you were able to sort out the issues. Regarding your swap mod, I noticed that the texture names within the material files themselves were not all properly named to "BRD_02_". Most of them still say "BRD_01_". I would say rename the references correctly in hex and try again. Also, it's a good idea to copy the missing DataAsset files (which the original modder didn't include in their mod) from the original C2 Bridie and rename them to C1 accordingly.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Eugene - 01-14-2019

Recently I'm trying to add some physics to this mod, but somehow it doesn't apply in the game. This is his file with my physics. cheers

Edit: Never mind, I just got it work, probably conflicting with something else I didn't realized.

Edit2: Nope, the physics just stop to work again, sometime it works sometime doesn't, which doesn't happen to any other physics mods I create.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 01-15-2019

Heya, so I have a question about APEX.

I was able to do everything according to the guides and such, and I was also able to problem-solve some weird issues I got and no one else did.
So in terms of APEX, in order for my clothing mesh to stay on the character, I have to weight paint the vertices that correspond to it, right? 

I realised this because when I didn't weight paint my cloth (while it was obviously fine in UE4 and APEX Tool) it was mapped to the root bone in-game (which happens in other circumstances too, I know). I ended up going with automatic weight transfer 'cause I'm lazy and I made adjustments to it (cleaning unnecessary ones and such) and it turned out okay for the most part, but there are some clipping issues even though the APEX looks fine in UE4 and APEX Tool.

Also, the APEX cloth animates really weirdly around the legs. So, what I'm asking is this, how am I supposed to weight paint the cloth? 

Do I have to create bones and vertex groups similar to the Physics' Asset process? :/ 
Hope you can help me out somehow. Cheers.

Need help with FMM - ChunsThighs - 02-01-2019

So since Kage patch came out my mods dont work or they just mess up the manager making the game cause kage do be removed from it and the weeklies showing up as ID something every time. 

I use Frost Havens Mod Manager and cant seem to get this fixed i dont even think its the mod itself but the managers update file for the 4.0 update anyone know whats going on?

Im new here btw just looking for help since i cant get into the SFVMods reddit to get answers and fb doesnt seem to have a page or anything either

UPDATE* So i deleted the update from the local folder and turned off the mods all together and now know its the 4.10 update because the manager hangs at the syncing game update 4.10 causing the update file that communicates to be messed up and when mods are off still keeps the game messed up yea need some help or if theres an updated mod manager i can use i use paks btw

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 02-01-2019

@ChunsThighs
Read the thread below (the first spoiler: "For people who prefer the PAK (with PMM) method")
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=54

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 02-02-2019

Does anyone have the files for G's costume 1 and Abigail's mecha costume? I forgot to unpack them and now the Pak disappeared from AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download :/

Edit: I think I've got them now. No worries.