Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - neonBeatdown - 12-09-2018

@Ouji The material I'm trying to edit is the jacket Chun wears for her undercover costume. The material is "CM_CNL_16_E05_Jacket.uasset". Here is what I recently tried.

1. I created a duplicate of the material "CM_Z21_02_E11_Inner.uasset" from Akuma.
  2. Since this file name is shorter than the jacket material I named it "CM_CNL_16_E05_Jack.uasset" so that in theory the hex length would be the same.
  3. I went through the hex and replaced all references to the Akuma specific materials and textures to the ones being used by Chun for this jacket.
  4. I created new textures for this material with some longer names since the original names for Chun's jacket textures were too short. I originally tried doing what the tutorial did but when I tried to add double 0's "00" in the hex it wasn't adding new values but instead changing the highlighted values. So really I just needed textures that were the same length.
  5. I updated the mesh in Unreal to point to this new material.
  6. In game I didn't see any of my color changes to the jacket and her eyes were missing textures.
Here are some images of what I did and the project paths are all correct.

[Image: VwJS7cg.png]

[Image: qv7rvUi.png]

[Image: LDpELN9.png]

[Image: 3nFshgS.png]

[Image: 12Uj7lK.png]

[Image: UKu8A80.png]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 12-09-2018

@neonBeatdown Here are some things to note:

1) Make sure that all instances of the old Jacket material name aren't anywhere within this costume's uasset files including the DataAsset folders and etc.
2) Make sure that the new texture names are also updated within all of the aforementioned folders.
3) I still recommend NOT to make the texture names longer, but rather REPLACE the 'extra' letters from the Akuma texture files to 00 in the HEX section.

Like this: 

[Image: 2.png]

After changing CT_Z21_02_COLOR_01 to CT_RYU_01_COLOR

In my case, I replaced the HEX 5F 30 01 (which corresponds to the _01 in Akuma's texture)  to 00 00 00 to make it work.
Obviously though, you have to do this for every texture name that's shorter than Akuma's.

[Image: 1.png]

Honestly, your issue is mainly due to Chun's materials being too long to begin with, so you need to be cautious when changing the original material/texture names.
I'm sure there is a better way to go about with this, but I'm clueless. Hope the rest can help.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 12-09-2018

@neonBeatdown
Back up, what specifically are you trying to do?

You're trying to switch one of Undercover Chun's materials to a different one so you can add another customization slot to it? Am I reading that right?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - neonBeatdown - 12-09-2018

@sleepy_scrub I wanted to see if I could add some glowing accents to her jacket. The whole process is a learning experience. I want to know how I can create glowing materials. I got the material to work using Akuma's inner material but I can't figure out what property in the SRMA texture controls the intensity of the glow etc.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 12-10-2018

@neonBeatdown

As far as I'm aware I don't think anyone knows how to control glow intensity, I think it's predetermined by the material. 
Though luckily mecha Juri and Fang have given us new glowing materials so that you have some options.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 12-10-2018

@neonBeatdown Adding on what Sleepy_Scrub has said, if you'd like a dimmer glowing material, I recommend experimenting with the glowing material used for FANG's eyes within his Mech costume.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - addysun - 12-11-2018

@neonBeatdown

Just an FYI. But what you have for material_0 is typically the eyelens, although I think its material_2 for chunli. You need to rename it to CM_CNL_Eyelens_Common and put it in the CNL/SkelMesh/Common/Material folder structure in UE4.

[Image: LZQloc9.png]
Also it should go after the E01_eyes material, that's why they stopped showing up correctly in your model. So you need to change the material order in your blender model.

---

So the issue with materials is that Capcom only allows some material types to have emission, transparency, masking, etc.

The easiest option (I find) for assigning glowing materials to your model is to use the method where you create a material, for example necallis v-trigger hair, in UE4 and assign the material slot in your model to that material. That way you don't have to do any hex editing. It's what i'm doing for my current Falke mod:

[Image: falke___nano_suit_last_wip_by_addysun_dcu6b27-pre.jpg]

Basically you create the folder structure in UE4 for the material. Then you create a new material and name it to the Necalli hair material. Create a material instance from it to use. Delete the master, rename the instance, all that jazz

In my case, Necalli:
[Image: pTdnZjm.png]

Then you assign the material in your model that you want to have a glowing effect to the necalli material instead:
[Image: MZnmcr9.png]

The real trick is how you want to achieve that glowing effect in your model. Since its a nice, sort of complex, pattern it'd probably be better to use another material, like the shoe sole material, and model it on top of her jacket. Then you can move the UV layout of the glowy area onto areas of necallis hair texture that glows.

Then assign the original shoe soles to the shoe mesh and make sure the colors match.

Either way good luck.

@BrutalAce or @Khaledantar666 might have a better suggestion since they've done emission materials before.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 12-11-2018

@addysun That'a actually great advice. It really didn't occur to me as I've been mostly going with the HEX editing technique :o

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - allthewaythrough - 12-12-2018

So has anyone figured out where the sponsored files are located? Seems like it should be fairly easy to mod it into something more entertaining.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - appleseed - 12-12-2018

(12-12-2018, 01:51 AM)allthewaythrough Wrote: So has anyone figured out where the sponsored files are located? Seems like it should be fairly easy to mod it into something more entertaining.

Agreed, especially the loading screen ads. Any idea how we can switch out the sponsored costumes to the defaults?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - neonBeatdown - 12-12-2018

It's almost as if the devs made the worst version possible to make sure we all hated them so capcom would have to pull the feature. They're so poorly implemented.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-13-2018

@addysun

I generally prefer not to refer any asset outside the modded character so in my case I copy everything to the modded character (material for example) and then hex edit it, it's longer way but prevents any cross reference.

EDIT:

Btw beautiful Falke, I would name her "Exotica", something that will not highlight Shadaloo in a blunt way. Putting Shadaloo makes her look like a low ranking grunt or whatever, giving a name makes her look like some top ranking assassin, you can put a Shadaloo logo somewhere to highlight the fact that she still works for them.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - addysun - 12-13-2018

@BrutalAce

No doubt, no doubt. It feels okay with certain material types that people most likely wont be changing. i've been using it for transparency and emission materials.

----

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Personally, I like the more generic naming style and Infiltrator Outfit really stuck with me. Speaking of which, everyone keeps missing the shadaloo logo on her armband...

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 12-13-2018

@addysun If I want to use custom textures using your method (by HEX editing the cross-referenced materials), the referenced character will be affected too, right? So if cross-reference Necalli's materials and change the textures that correspond to it, Necalli will be affected too, right? That's somewhat problematic.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Pai_ - 12-13-2018

If anyone has a min, I understand most of the UE Physics Assetts thanks to Brutals guide, I am only missing the part where you prevent the hair or clothes going through the mesh, could someone just mention the tabs or settings I have to play with to fix this? I searched the forum because I am sure it has been asked before but could not find a guide.