Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-18-2018

(10-16-2018, 01:17 PM)JNSW Wrote: @sleepy_scrub

Well I just found your TLDR thread so I think that'll help me out.

So I got this far, I think I have what I need, now I just need to figure out how to get the SSS file you mentioned, edit it, and pack it all up for use. Edit: (Got it now)

@JNSW
Ohhh? Not bad. 
Some motivation to continue my TLDR guide, I'm surprised someone actually read it.

Let's see. 
If you don't wanna deal with Unreal and you only need to change a single texture you could try using text injection via a hex editor? I would check  here , check the tab under "How to inject dds in hex editor" for more info. (Ace has another guide for that on this site but the images broke, I believe). 

...Or you could try BrutalAce's Texjector ...?

Try those out, if you get stuck I could send you the one I made.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 10-18-2018

@robhal

Hey i having some issue with my mods 
they seem fine in fights but are invisible in most frames during the cutscenes , any idea what causing this

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 10-18-2018

@Ecchi Gamer
The mod is invisible in general story mode, right? Unfortunately I have no idea as well about this matter and how to fix it.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - addysun - 10-19-2018

@robhal @BrutalAce @Khaledantar666 or anyone really.

I'm sort of at a loss here. Any thoughts on on why my model appears to be pushing further downwards on the crouching animation versus standing as seen in this nifty video.

What I've been doing for heels that are significantly higher than normal is to adjust the armature pose to the shape of the shoes in blender, then apply that pose as the default. Then attach the shoe mesh to my main mesh, and then scale each leg armature to fit the normal body size, which works out to something like .94 usually. Everything works well except I can't figure out what's causing this issue, because the back foot doesn't do the same thing.

Thoughts?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Khaledantar666 - 10-19-2018

@addysun Some questions:
- Does it also happen on the P2 side ?
- Did you export as FBX using the default plugin or the modified one ?
- What changes did you make for the skeleton in edit mode ?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - addysun - 10-19-2018

@Khaledantar666

yeah both sides behave the same way. I export the fbx from blender with the default plug-in, wasn't aware of a modified fbx exporter. I'm only adjusting the scaling of the leg bones in pose mode and appyling them to my mesh. and rotating the ankle bones to match the shape of the shoes. I'm not doing anything else to them in edit mode.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Khaledantar666 - 10-19-2018

@addysun try to export as fbx with this plugin: https://mega.nz/#!J45wEQQK!2PmHn67yEI9mLd5pNgLjUOmzmAU0mzyGZZg828B0Ep8

install the plugin in blender and don't forget to activate it, once you export select the new plugin not the default one

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - addysun - 10-20-2018

(10-19-2018, 11:49 PM)Khaledantar666 Wrote: @addysun try to export as fbx with this plugin: https://mega.nz/#!J45wEQQK!2PmHn67yEI9mLd5pNgLjUOmzmAU0mzyGZZg828B0Ep8

install the plugin in blender and don't forget to activate it, once you export select the new plugin not the default one

Will that work in 2.79? Doesn't seem to want to do anything.

@Khaledantar666

So I was just doing some testing. I just figured out that if I attach the default armature to my modified mesh this problem goes away. Sigh. I should be able to make it all work this way. I'm still curious about the modified fbx exporter though.

[Image: ra7ZJxo.jpg]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-20-2018

@addysun

The modified FBX exporter should work with every Blender (afaik). The only reason you need it is because newer versions of Blender (after 2.74) have an issue in their FBX exporter that it adds an unnecessary bone to the top of skeleton hierarchy named "Armature", we need that bone because that's not from the game and it cause all sorts of issues, for example Critical Art having wrong animation and other stuff, you might be lucky in case of Falke that it's not causing something significant but that bone shouldn't be there.

The issue you're facing is probably because of the wrong scaling of the skeleton because I did the same thing with Juri sometime ago and it worked fine though the heels I used were not as tall as the ones you're using. Anyway, you're doing the right thing, pose the model and then discard the modified armature replacing it with original, it should work in most cases.

@BrutalAce

Hmmm, fascinating. I recall just following unclefestors guide to set up the exporter. I'll have to test out the modified exporter.

I assume you are referring to this. Is that the extra armature bone? Or is that how its supposed to look?
[Image: mlB5S0d.png]

But yeah, it seems that reattaching the default armature is the way to go after scaling stuff. All I had to do was adjust the position of the ankle bones afterwards and it worked fine.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 10-20-2018

(10-20-2018, 12:15 AM)addysun Wrote: So I was just doing some testing. I just figured out that if I attach the default armature to my modified mesh this problem goes away. 
@addysun
Yeah if you change the armature you're gonna have a bad time, can't do that. Think the default armature is connected to animations. I tried to change the armature for my Abigail-Juggernaut mod and it fucked everything up big time.

Sounds like you figured it out, once you're happy with the mesh, head to the modifier tab and apply the armature modifier, then re-import the armature and attach your mesh to the default.

(10-20-2018, 10:58 AM)sleepy_scrub Wrote:
(10-20-2018, 12:15 AM)addysun Wrote: So I was just doing some testing. I just figured out that if I attach the default armature to my modified mesh this problem goes away. 
@addysun
Yeah if you change the armature you're gonna have a bad time, can't do that. Think the default armature is connected to animations. I tried to change the armature for my Abigail-Juggernaut mod and it fucked everything up big time.

Sounds like you figured it out, once you're happy with the mesh, head to the modifier tab and apply the armature modifier, then re-import the armature and attach your mesh to the default.

Yeah i figured it out last night. Trial and error for life!

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 10-20-2018

@addysun

Yep, that's the bone we don't need. The actual parent bone of all other bones is b_C_Base but Blender's new script makes it child of Armature and that cause issues, that's why we revert back to the older script because for some reason Blender guys still didn't fixed it. Unclefestor's guide should be updated about this. I had this mentioned on our old forum but we lost a lot of content when we moved here.

@sleepy_scrub 

Armature modification is actually pretty solid in SFV modding, I remember we had no option of modifying armatures in USF4 and SFxT modding but in SFV you can add new bones and change the physics file to get them animated, it's just the common body bones that shouldn't be touched that much.

@BrutalAce

For the life of me, I cannot get the modified fbx add-on to work properly.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Village - 10-28-2018

Can someone help

Game updated and the ~mods method isn't working for stage song mods

And the game keeps updating and overwriting any changes I make to the Ver and DLC manifest files