Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Funkfist - 06-16-2018

I'm trying to make a really basic stage mod, I want to put an image banner into the back of the training stage and maybe recolor the red part of the grid.

I'm at the point where I extracted all the assets and I'm sure that I'd be able to do the recoloring part because it looks straight forward enough.
But how do I actually modify the stage itself? Do I need to load the files into UE and then work with the stage editor?
I was looking at the tutorial section but sadly none of them covered stages.
I'd be thankful for some basic pointers.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - LukemonXD - 06-17-2018

Hello, 

after get to try out my own mod it looks... weird

So its all gray (even the character) and the costume parts are floating. And the costume it self looks weird aswell. You can recognize kind of the model but its not ow it was in Blender. Someone may know what the problem is? Otherwise i will just try again (thankfully I saved my steps).

*after experimenting i think the  problem may be that I didn't put my mod right into the game. Can someone may tell me how they test out their finished mod? ^^

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - LukemonXD - 06-24-2018

So i just tried the mod. I edited with hexeditor the material of the mod i took as a base with my textures. Then i took my mesh , overwrite the one from my base, and took my own textures and put them into the base aswell. But when i pak them and implement them in the game, the character has her normal clothing with just weird textures. I wanted do change the material with hexeditor from the base character and not from the mod i used as a base, but the problem is the baemod had different materials so i took the mod to edit, but it doesnt work. Someone has an advise.(sry if noone understands what i done i am not good at explaining things)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 06-24-2018

@LukemonXD

i tried to understand what problem your facing but got lost 
can you post some pictures of of your issues like 
-whats your base model
-whats your mod model
-how does it looks in game etc etc

Maybe then i could understand what problems you are facing

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 06-25-2018

@LukemonXD
Yeah i got lost too but let me look at your base post for a bit.

"All grey" parts mean your material instances aren't setup right- maybe you're using character codes from Season 1?

"Floating clothes" means you probably didn't transfer weights to your mod pieces. If you don't transfer weights from the base model to mod it won't move with the bones of the Character (and thus will just sit there and float). 

And now it sounds like you're doing stuff in hex....? Have you tried using Unreal Engine to cook your textures and mesh....?

I would rewatch/read some of the tutorials and see if it helps.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 06-25-2018

@robhal
@BrutalAce
@sleepy_scrub

I am not an expert in hex editing thats why if anyone could help that would be great

i am interested in the way how necalli changes hair when he activates v trigger

is it possible to use necalli files with other chara's so that they could also do this
like using hex editor

its probably not possible or may be its something way beyond my understanding but i was going to mess with the files anyway
any advice you guys could give me or any particular folder that you think might be the one for the hair swap

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - LukemonXD - 06-25-2018

Ok so i think the base model i used for my Kolin mod is too old.
The Menat mod i did works really fine but only with pmm. With the ~mods file it doesnt work :/.
Another tip i can give you is that if you change Menat lipstick it looks... weird. I need to fix this xD

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - LukemonXD - 06-25-2018

Oh and before i forget to ask, someone having a tip on how to put my own clothes over an other mod which allready wears clothes(so not a nude mod as base)?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 06-26-2018

@Ecchi Gamer 
I've posted on Necali transformation before, take a look here.
It sounds like you're going for Goku over Ryu with Necali's V-Trigger transformation?
I think the main problem is you'll need Necali's original Phyiscs assets and hair bones to get it to work....?
(EDIT: Maybe Phyiscs_Metamor as well?)

You might be able to get it to work through hex editing everything. (Doubtful, but maybe...?)

I wonder if modding Goku over Necali then doing a full swap onto Ryu would work....?     Huh
It might be worth it to try full-swapping Necali's default over Ryu to see if his transformation still works, I'm not aware if anyone has tried that.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 06-26-2018

@sleepy_scrub

Exactly i want ryu to transfer via v-trigger to ssj
i have swap necalli c1 to ryu 
it didn't work .RYU has both of necalli's hairs at the same time
so i concluded that the transformation was controlled through some specific files and not the costume files
and that would probably require a in dept knowledge of unreal engine which i obviously don't have

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 06-26-2018

Hello guys,

Are the mods working correctly after latest (Cody) update ? something is wrong because things that were working fine before are clipping now, my bet is that CMN_Skeleton file is changed but I could be wrong. Someone please check and let me know, also if you have previous backup of PAK files then keep them safe, I mistakenly deleted my extracted files so I cannot compare.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Pai_ - 06-26-2018

Well thank god I have not updated, btw I was searching the forum and the google but could not find a guide on how to get my custom character physics to show up on the select screen... I thought I saw a guide one time, if someone lets me know I'll be greatful..

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - fokin_juamposo - 06-26-2018

(06-26-2018, 09:40 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: Hello guys,

Are the mods working correctly after latest (Cody) update ? something is wrong because things that were working fine before are clipping now, my bet is that CMN_Skeleton file is changed but I could be wrong. Someone please check and let me know, also if you have previous backup of PAK files then keep them safe, I mistakenly deleted my extracted files so I cannot compare.

the only one i notice was menat. her cristal ball is grey on all mods im using on her (C1 Monkeygigabuster's fusion set, C2 TaNooki's shaman, C3 KrizmKazm's custom menat) C5 RuiDX's "slutty dress" wont appear at all and C7 THEJAMK's midna doesn't have the crystal ball
Show ContentSpoiler:
no clue about the holiday one, is not in the store.

EDIT: bbb's C1 gothic falke eyes are also grey in match, on selection screen are fine.

@BrutalAce
I tested a few mods. Seemed ok, thought I see a weird crease under Birdie's armpit that wasn't there before?
But maybe I was seeing things.

@BrutalAce
Oh, I still have my Beta files lying around.
If you want the CMN_Skeleton I have from the beta I could send it to you and see if that helps.