Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-21-2018

Your welcome and yes that will certainly help new comers, something I didn't managed to make due to shortage of time and abundance of stuff to do so I am glad you're doing it, keep up the good work!

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 04-21-2018

(04-21-2018, 07:53 AM)Ecchi Gamer Wrote: the Z0C_05_E06_Visor has only CustomizeColor0
what color should the mask have to utilize this
That raises the bigger question of "If if swap a material do I use the mask colors from the original material or the new one I'm swapping in?" 

I WANT to say the new one (which for the visor, is Red, like Ace said). 

@BrutalAce
Plz correct if I'm wrong there, I'd like to know for sure.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-21-2018

Depends on the case.

Rule of thumb:

Color0 = R
Color1 = G
Color2 = B

You shouldn't touch mask if both your original and replacement material have Color0, the red will work as it is but if your original material has Color0 and your replacement material have Color1 then you should change all red mask areas to green for the object(s) using that material.

Keep in mind though that if your original material support only one slot (Color0) and you're bringing a material that support two slots (Color0, Color1) then it won't give you any benefit since there will be no color defined for Color1 in color preset file only Color0 = Red will work.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Kast - 04-22-2018

(04-21-2018, 08:05 AM)Ecchi Gamer Wrote: @BrutalAce

Thanks for the help
well I guess I'll get started with part 4 of that xna tutorial

Hello I saw in one of your videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h0LJDXpo5E&t=5s

You made chun li chest and butt big and my question is how did you do that?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-22-2018

@Kast

using proportional editing 
if you seen part 1 of my xna tutorial i mentioned how to enable proportional editing and use that to fit the clothes
using that you can increase or decrease bust size

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Kast - 04-22-2018

(04-22-2018, 12:37 PM)Ecchi Gamer Wrote: @Kast

using proportional editing 
if you seen part 1 of my xna tutorial i mentioned how to enable proportional editing and use that to fit the clothes
using that you can increase or decrease bust size

thanks.  Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-25-2018

@BrutalAce

The xps models that i use normally have textures like this
[Image: screenshot__78__by_ecchigamer-dc9rzpt.png]

the transparency is somehow merged
after compiling textures when i save it and then open it again the transparency is lost

when the textures have seperate alpha layer i simply copy it along as well and it works out
[Image: screenshot__79__by_ecchigamer-dc9rzpo.png]

but when the transparency\alpha layer  is somewhat merged then its a problem for me

how can i fix this 
is there any way that i could separate the transparency into the alpha layer

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-25-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

Read this post.

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=26&pid=6322#pid6322

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-25-2018

@BrutalAce

awsome it worked out
i had read that post previously but things didn't much sense to me at that time
At that time i didn't knew what an alpha layer was and what was its purpose

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-25-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

No worries, glad it's working now Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 05-07-2018

Wanted to share a 3DS Max trick I learned.
Maybe it's common knowledge, I dunno. I was trying to replicate the one time I output an FBX from 3DS Max and the textures were already linked, think I got it.

So, in 3DS Max, when using the ActiveX Importer to bring in .PSKs, normally the plugin asks for "path to materials" in the materials tab. You link it to the materials folder, and you get a blank model w/no textures on it. 
But check it, if you make a new folder and set it up in the typical SF5 fashion (one folder for materials, one for mesh, one for textures) You can link to the root folder instead of the materials folder.

For example: Here's my layout for Sakura C1:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Nothing fancy, Sakura Folder, Material/Mesh/Textures folder within. 
Now in 3DS Max under the Materials tab of the plugin, instead of linking to Sakura C1 Test-> Materials I just point to the folder "Sakura C1 Test". Now import your mesh and...
Show ContentSpoiler:

Voila! Mesh comes in with textures pre-attached.

Now export your FBX (make sure under options you UNCHECK "embed media" or it won't import right) and once it gets into Blender, color and normals show up already setup.
Show ContentSpoiler:

For whatever reason the MASK/SRMA/SSS do not come in with the other textures though, which is a bummer. If I could figure out how to import a mesh with all 5 textures set up it would be a major timesaver.

Felt like this could still help people get a head start on getting the mesh setup.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - FreeforAll - 05-08-2018

Hey I want to ask if someone known how to implement the easter egg costume code (holding Up+LK+LP+MP+HP before the match) for the default costume or other slots that doesn't have it?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - KrizmKazm - 05-11-2018

@FreeforAll
Damn dude, I was just typing the same question haha.

I'm editing Kolin's C6 (Sporty) and her alternate version has the ponytail. Is there anything I can hex-edit to make the ponytail the only option? I don't even want the option to toggle the default hat/hair.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 05-11-2018

@BrutalAce

is it important that how bones are placed with mesh
i aligned the hands of source mesh with the new mesh
the new mesh had hands positioned a little bit lower so i moved the hands of source mesh a little bit down
i didn't moved the bones and when i see the hands ingame they look strange

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - FreeforAll - 05-11-2018

@KrizmKazm Is possible but the only one I know can do it is xHECZx and he dont want to respond.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxrBS_t2KWo