Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 04-11-2018

@"BrutalAce"

Never mind, just figured it out. 
For whatever reason Unreal didn't import my normal map as a normal map. Had to change the TextureGroup to NormalMap within Unreal Engine.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 04-12-2018

Hey, guys. I'm relatively new to modding. So, I was following Uncle Festor's tutorial, and when I tried to import my FBX file into UE4, I get an error stating "FBXImport:Warning: Warning Missing influence on vert...##### Weighting it to root". The # is actually numbers, but because I got many errors of the same nature, I added the "#" here, rather than spamming. Anyways, am I doing something wrong? Everything seems to be weighed fine in Blender :/ I didn't really manipulate the original model's skeleton this time. I did before when I was working on my FBX the first time, and I added and rigged the bones correctly based on BrutalAce's quick 'tutorial' on the same thread, yet I still received the exact same errors as now. Sorry if this is somewhat lengthy. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

(04-10-2018, 03:38 PM)saikyom Wrote: i can't extracr the game, anyone have an up to date tool? 
thanks in advance.

Did you use quickbms? It works like a charm for me. I think BrutalAce posted a thread with all the tools necessary, and quickbms is on there.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-13-2018

@"Ouji"

That means you have some vertices that are not weighted, i.e they are not rigged to any bone available in the skeleton. This can happen if you transfer weights from one character (using skeleton A) to another character (using skeleton B). Most of the bones are same between skeletons but there are few unique ones too for example breast bones so lets say you're transferring weights from Cammy to Ibuki then Cammy will have breast bones using CMY prefix while Ibuki will have bones using IBK prefix so doing a transfer will create CMY vertex groups for Ibuki but they will be useless as Ibuki's skeleton won't have any bone with CMY name so those vertex groups will be dropped when you export your FBX and those vertices will remain unweighted.

A simple way to verify this is by posing the skeleton using top most bone in skeleton hierarchy (b_C_Base), if whole character moves then all vertices are weighted, if some portion doesn't move then those vertices are not weighted, you have to either weight them manually or transfer weights using another character that have matching vertex groups for target skeleton.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 04-13-2018

@"BrutalAce" It worked like a charm. Thank you so much. My motivation to mod has returned, lol.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - saikyom - 04-13-2018

ok, looks like i used the old script, with the new one everything's extracted Smile
just a question, i'm good at 3d and animations, does modding here give me the ability to change moves properties and animations and sounds ?
if so, this will be a great 3d MUGEN Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 04-13-2018

@"saikyom" You cannot create new animations, as far as I know, but you can swap animations between characters and create new moves using the existing animations of the whole cast. For instance, in theory, you can give Ryu a Psycho Crusher, or a move that uses the Psycho Crusher animation, or one segment of the entire animation. Just check out Mysterious Mod SFV. It does a great job in showcasing what you can do with the tools available. Oh, and yes, you can change sounds. I think most of the tutorials here are very helpful, so check them out whenever you have the time.

Edit:
A 3D Mugen would be awesome! I think you can create something good using the Move Editing tool.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - saikyom - 04-14-2018

quick question.
i can unpacj and repack mods ok.
but how do i chose which costume will be replaced?
ex: i have juri's nostalgie mod which replaces her 2nd costume
and i want it to replace her 1st costume.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ouji - 04-14-2018

@"saikyom" Check this tutorial out. It was made by robhal, and might help you out http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=53
Also, I think you need to check this often, since it would help you find what you're looking for in most cases  http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

Hope that helps Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-15-2018

@"BrutalAce"

i once again tried to rig an entire character by transfering weights
i tried to match the source mesh to the one i am trying to use 
almost everything worked out except for the lips

[Image: screenshot__37__by_ecchigamer-dc8vhb7.png]

i just can't get the lips right

also for the eyes street fighter 5 and doa characters have separate meshes for eyes and eyelens
while the goku model i am using only has one and its like this
[Image: screenshot__38__by_ecchigamer-dc8vhf3.png]

how am supposed to transfer weights on this from the circular eyes and eyelens
do have use both eyes and lens

here's the blender file  https://mega.nz/#!PYk0FALL!YzOTWAANniBI_LvRvFRnXIBNieClFx17K5qrHXmnPJs

haven't rig the hair yet and the finger are not weighted correctly but i'll fix that afterwards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing
I rigged this Kasumi hair
i made three bones for left side hair and right side hair
the three right side bones are working fine giving me all options in unreal engine how i intended them to be
[Image: screenshot__39__by_ecchigamer-dc8vkk6.png]

things are not same for the left side though
[Image: screenshot__40__by_ecchigamer-dc8vkkn.png]

only the " b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_01 " is working

b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_02  and   b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_03   are not highlighted and don't show the same options in the details tab
[Image: screenshot__41__by_ecchigamer-dc8vkkf.png]

i don't get why things are like this
i thought i rigged both sides approximately the same
so why aren't these options showing

i wanted the  b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_03   bone enabled for collision response
but its not showing the options

here is the blender file https://mega.nz/#!2MdCyCiT!883wjFkl7Q0Jvgx859kQb-HvqYX6w8_fnVleLYmYwJE

another question
if a bone is assigned to only one or two vertices will it still show those detail tab options

[Image: screenshot__42__by_ecchigamer-dc8vlej.png]

in the screen shot the hair is clipping through the body

know i made pony tail bones in the following order    from   b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_01   to    b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_07

and enable collision only for  b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_07
it works most time but sometimes clips through the body

So i extended another bone from b_C_PONYTAIL_Left_03 and assigned a single or just two three vertices to it
[Image: screenshot__43__by_ecchigamer-dc8vleg.png]

when i checked in unreal engine it was also not giving me the collision option just like before

HOPE I'M NOT BOTHERING  TOO MUCH

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-16-2018

@"Ecchi Gamer"

No you're not bothering Smile but I will be able to look at those issues after one day, hope you don't mind waiting, a bit busy for one day.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 04-17-2018

@"BrutalAce"

Take as many days as you want i have no problem waiting
btw when you look into the issues give the second one priority ( kasumi hair )

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - MiChOcO - 04-17-2018

Any news about TheFrostHaven's update for Mod Manager? I'm always having error messages instead of the new content each time there is a new update, and it works well only once MM is synchronized with the new version of the game...    Undecided

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-18-2018

@"MiChOcO"

It's not updated yet and there is no news from the author too so maybe he's busy or he's trying to figure out how to deal with the problem. I suggest the same thing like before that switch to manual installation method, it doesn't need any Mod Manager and it always works.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 04-18-2018

@"MiChOcO"
@"BrutalAce"
If Capcom delivers the update for Falke via dlc.manifest method again, I suppose that PMM will work again like usual. If not, well there are always other methods to use.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Gojira - 04-18-2018

(04-13-2018, 05:42 PM)saikyom Wrote: ok, looks like i used the old script, with the new one everything's extracted Smile
just a question, i'm good at 3d and animations, does modding here give me the ability to change moves properties and animations and sounds ?
if so, this will be a great 3d MUGEN Smile

Animation editing was figured out very briefly before season 2, I was able to edit several animations in 3D Studio, throw them into Unreal Editor and get them into the game.  But it was barely a couple of weeks, then something changed when season 2 dropped and it stopped working.  It'd be nice if anyone had the motivation to look into it but I basically gave up asking for help since nobody else seemed to care.