Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Khaledantar666 - 04-06-2018

@BrutalAce Me too bro, it was absolute freedom, we didn't had to worry about the material properties and also the number of materials and colors slots....sigh

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Monkeygigabuster - 04-06-2018

As the only modder who mod SFV,MVCI and DBFZ concurently I can tell that In term of modding potential at least SFV has the best modding potential of all 3 games because SFV can add extra materials,textures although we can't figure out how to edit materials/customize files yet
MVCI has separated models for each 4 colors so we can make 4 different mesh mods in one costume slot,but the inability to add extra materials and slots really damped the modding potential (If it can add extra files than MVCI would have even better modding pontential than SFV)

DBFZ was developed by different team(ArcSystem) so the files are handled in much different manner compared to Capcom.Each model can only has one material and texture for the whole mesh so it is even more limited than SFV and MVCI.

I miss the days where I can Inject textures in the blink of eye with Piecemontee tools.Now we have to extract every files in PAKs and cook them all in UE4 everytimes(So time consuming)
At least we don't have to deal with "24 bones " issue from SFIV,SFXT while convert "MMD to EMG" anymore

@Monkeygigabuster Indeed my friend, so far SFV is the most modding friendly among new games. Also we don't have to deal the time to convert an SMD to EMG (this could take hours for a big and complex mesh)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Monkeygigabuster - 04-06-2018

If we speak about UE4 games then SFV is truly the most friendly one
If we also count other games which doesn't use UE4 then Dead or Alive 5 is truly the champion.You have all the tools you needs :editing/adding meshes/material/texture(and the mesh tool can even transfer a mesh part into another mesh with the bones keep intact).Not to mention you have literally hundreds of costume for your modding materials (Lot of us here include me used alot of models from DOa5 so I think you guys understand what I mean)

IF you checked Zeta and Streetmodders than you can easily tell that DOA5LR has the most mods of all games (the game so easy to mod that even a beginner can jump in to Doa5 mod in less than 30 minutes).Although I only truly active in DOa5 modding for less than 6 months but the number of mods I make for this game is really high( back then I could make a mesh mod for DO5 in one day)

I might not be the best modder but I am only one who participated in 4 different modding scene at the same time (SFV,MVCI,DBZF,DOa5LR) so I had an unique modding experience while doing so

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 04-06-2018

Maybe I can be classified as the worst mesh modder around here (as the best thing I could do was just opening the legs when we port the SF4 costumes/mods to SFxT, and just deleting some non-animated items like belt etc when I still did the costume/mods swapping in SFxT), and I maybe I don't understand some/many things you guys are talking about, but imo the best thing about SFV modding is we can modify the bones to animate things like hairs, breasts, clothes, etc; and also we can make new animation bones.

@Monkeygigabuster More thna 4 different games actually, you forgot to mention USF4, SFXT, Sengoku Basara and maybe Resident Evil Smile

@robhal Don't say that bro, your SF work (SFV, USF4, SFXT) is so useful and essential and imo you deserve a lot more thanks and gratitude for it.

Indeed, the bones and animation modding possibilities opened literally a new world for modding Big Grin

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 04-08-2018

So i got a request to update my gothic juri mod to include EX5 colour that's part of the Capcom Pro Tour: 2018 Premier Pass. Does anyone know which pak file to extract this new juri c1 colour file?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 04-09-2018

@bbb
The C1 color preview file is in Pak0, while her C1 color customize file is in Pak19. Anyway bro, here are those files I upload for you
https://mega.nz/#!pQZQ0LRL!tjFntg4eaaT5l6D5E2D3Pcz23jciOjmSdTFd_-d2YQY

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 04-09-2018

@robhal

Thanks for the files Smile

@robhal

btw, I noticed in that new colour file there is an extra colour slot on the bottom in the hex editor called suit_MR that doesn't show up in the colour tool. Do you know what that is for? its smaller then the other colour slots.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 04-09-2018

@bbb
Not sure as well bro, as this is also the first time I see that suit_MR part. Secret stuff exclusively for the new CPT 2018 color slot, maybe?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 04-09-2018

@robhal

maybe. I thought they might have added one of those easter egg things to that costume or something

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 04-09-2018

(04-06-2018, 01:07 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @sleepy_scrub
If you want to get alpha layer out of PNG then first save it as DDS and copy Alpha layer from that then once again save that PNG as TGA and paste your copied Alpha layer in that.

(Mind blown)
Should've asked about that literally a year ago. Tryin' to teach and I'm the one getting schooled, lol. Happy to learn something new.

@Khaledantar666
Duping the hair to eyelash to get smoother alpha.... i THINK i get that, yeah. Clever.

Always more to learn. Got caught up for like a week on Apex physics because I screwed something up, lol.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - saikyom - 04-10-2018

i can't extracr the game, anyone have an up to date tool? 
thanks in advance.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 04-11-2018

Ughhhh so done with this. -_-

Anybody have any experience with mirrored meshes?
My raven is out here lookin like Two-face, not having a lot of luck figuring this out.

Edit, got it solved, wrong checkboxes checked in Unreal Engine.
[Image: 20180410203515_1.jpg]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 04-11-2018

@sleepy_scrub

Have you removed doubles when you mirrored it ? select your entire mesh and click on remove doubles from left tools panel (edit mode).