Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 03-27-2018

@bbb
@FvckBringeR

That's the best gift a Triss fan can hope for, thanks! never thought I will get this from you Big Grin

But as a good friend I should return the kindness, very hopeful that I will make your Laura mod working by tonight. I should have done it today but since I was feeling well I got greedy and worked on my own stuff instead.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 03-27-2018

@BrutalAce

while using blender how can i insert vertices between vertices so the the scaling\adjusting can go smooth

@Ecchi Gamer

You can multiply the amount of vertices in selected area by subdividing but it's not required unless you're doing some huge change because when you use proportional editing, the existing vertices stretch gracefully without any sudden bents or wrinkles, that's the purpose of proportional editing, just make sure you adjust the brush size according to your need by using mouse roller.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 03-27-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

You could highlight desired sections and use Mesh Tools -> subdivide...? (Overuse will slow your computer down, be warned).

@sleepy_scrub

Overuse also produce wrinkles if vertices get too condensed.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 03-28-2018

@FvckBringeR

Guess you were right, looks like hes getting better Tongue

@BrutalAce

Glad you like it Big Grin

No worries, take you time. The physics and stage models can wait, your mods has higher priority. Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 03-28-2018

@BrutalAce

Can i insert new material like while using your cammy nude mod there were 2 materials
CM_CMY_01_E03_Cloth
CM_CMY_01_E03_Cloth2

i made a third material named   CM_CMY_01_E03_Clot3  and assigned my custom mesh to it in blender

For this material i edited the uasset file  and made textures like  COLO3 , MAS3 , NORMA3 etc

now to make custom colors for this is it possible that can i add this material to    DA_CMY_CustomizeSetting_01 or any other to make custom colors

also what color should i use to fluorescent effect

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 03-30-2018

@Ecchi Gamer

Cammy's C1 already has Cloth and Cloth2 materials, I haven't inserted a new material. You can use additional materials but they should be last in list (after original material), their functionality will be very limited as they won't have any color customization, you can only use the object with original color by painting the mask layer as black (useful technique for items that you don't want to customize).

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 03-30-2018

@BrutalAce

Oh so additional added materials can't have color customization

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 03-30-2018

@bbb

I think I found the issue you're facing with Laura mod and it was a minor thing, you don't have chest bone body there. You need chest bone because you're using breast bones which have child relation with chest bone so without parent bone they will act weird in game, if you don't have any use of chest bone then just make it and set it to kinematic with collision disabled so it's not going to do anything but you need the parent bone to be present if you're going to use any child bones. I should have figured this out by looking at your Unreal Physics screenshot but I wasn't paying that much attention.

Anyway, I made a new project and to do a quick test I just made four bodies, b_C_Base, Chest, L_Breast and R_Breast, gave some movement to both breasts and it was working fine, hopefully it will work with hair physics too.

[Image: FsMlYa6.jpg]

Feet have wrong textures because maybe you relocated UVs ?

@Ecchi Gamer

Technically you can have color customization with new materials but that requires good bit of hex editing in color files not to mention Capcom introduce new colors every now and then so whenever they update the color files you need to do that hex editing again so it's not really worth it unless you badly need a color slot but in case of Cammy's C1 it has a lot of room for colors, I think both Cloth1 and Cloth2 materials offer three colors per material so that's like six color slots for you, you just need to edit your MASK file appropriately so you can use all of them.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BBB - 03-30-2018

@BrutalAce

That seems to be it. Not sure why there wasn't one. The breast are no longer melting Big Grin I will tweak it a bit more and update the mod. Thanks for all the help Smile

The feet are a different model from her original, so the uvs are different.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 03-31-2018

@BrutalAce

Ok so i moved on to physics . I went through your tutorial and think i got a bit of idea how to do it 
it will take a lot practice on different characters to get better at it

Now moving on the part on how to insert bones in blender
i don't have a clue about it and there is no tutorial for it on the forum
i am watching some youtube tutorials on adding bones and rigging
can you recommend anything or give me any advice on things then that would be great 

i can't exactly find a tutorial that teaches me what i want to , well actually i don't know anything about inserting bones yet

what i want to know is how to add on two main areas the head for adding a new hair style and the pelvis to rig something like belt or ribbons

when add bones that it matter that which direction they are facing like being vertical or horizontal or is it irrelevant 

also what is apex clothing
from what i seen its a cloth that has animation

but doesn't that purpose can be achieved through physics too
so whats the advantage or difference in using apex clothing

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - P_Funk - 03-31-2018

Hi there you all, long time no see Smile

I was meaning to catch up on AE portrait mods today and while Sakura (Z26) extracted fine, for some reason the Blanka files (Z27) didn't show up after running quickBMS on all the current paks of the game. Are this characters' files stored somewhere else ? Or did I mess up the extract somehow ?

Thanks !

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Monkeygigabuster - 04-01-2018

(03-31-2018, 10:53 PM)P_Funk Wrote: Hi there you all, long time no see Smile

I was meaning to catch up on AE portrait mods today and while Sakura (Z26) extracted fine, for some reason the Blanka files (Z27) didn't show up after running quickBMS on all the current paks of the game. Are this characters' files stored somewhere else ? Or did I mess up the extract somehow ?

Thanks !
@P_Funk
Blanka files in this update are stored the pak file in save game folder of SFV
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\StreetFighterV\Saved\download\Ver201310_Steam.PAK

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - P_Funk - 04-01-2018

@Monkeygigabuster - Ha, indeed ! Well that solves it Smile
Thanks !