Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-22-2018

@Zur

I recently made a tutorial in which I explained how to compile textures directly in UE4, this will save you from a lot of unnecessary headaches like HEX editing, dds file saving time (which can be a pain) and the loss of quality occurred due to lossy nature of dds format. Overall it's a better way of handling textures, I also explained the basic functionality of all textures there.

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=274

Also welcome to the forum, feel free to ask whatever questions you have. We will try to answer as best as possible Smile

@sleepy_scrub 

I hope Robhal's solution answered your question but to reiterate, you just need to include the eyelens material in your mod. New model files no longer reference to that material as they all use a common eyelens material now however our mod files still look for that material and they can't find it, they go grey. Including that in mod will fix the missing material reference and thus the eyes will get back to normal.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Zur - 01-22-2018

@BrutalAce
Not gonna lie, I was kinda hoping to be able to avoid using programs like Blender and Unreal Engine for what I want to do, but I'm starting to see why it is necessary. Reading over your tutorial, it doesn't seem too hard to figure out, so I will have a go and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys!

UPDATE: So I figured out how to get the .tga textures into Unreal Engine to cook into .uasset files, I feel like the way I'm doing it though is rather cack-handed, but it works so can't complain. Only thing I don't understand is why the SRMA's I cook come out different than the vanilla even when I haven't applied any changes, just straight up cooking an extracted .tga. I'll use Sakura again as an example in this image, the left is vanilla, the right is a cooked, unmodified, .tga, so it should be the same as vanilla correct? Yet the textures appear to be more saturated and have an overall gloss on everything. Is this normal? If it is normal, the only thing I can think of right now to correct it back to vanilla is to make overall brightness adjustments to the .tga in photoshop, but that would require a lot of trial and error and even then, would probably never be 100% right.

Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Bloody Rain - 01-23-2018

@Zur

That's because some textures use different color space. Some use "RGB", others use "sRGB"

I honestly don't remember off the top of my head which is supposed to be used for the SRMA map, but whatever yours is currently set you, you have to toggle it to be the opposite.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Zur - 01-23-2018

@Bloody Rain 
Awesome, thanks buddy, that sorted it, looking exactly like vanilla now, so now I know where to work from.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Kira Kuin - 01-23-2018

@Zur
What is your setting to have srma files cooked with srgb included

@Kira Kuin
Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean, I just been dropping the SRMA .tga's into Unreal Engine, saving, then cooking via the Windows 64-bit option (32-bit is greyed out). Just that now I know I might have to toggle the SRGB option off for some SRMA .tga's thanks to @Bloody Rain.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Kira Kuin - 01-23-2018

@Zur
Can you take the screenshot where to toggle on/off srgb in ue4

@Kira Kuin
Sorry for the delay, so yeah what I do is open the texture for edit (double click) then tick/untick the sRGB box shown highlighted in red. Hope that helps.

Show ContentSpoiler:

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-23-2018

@Zur

Sorry for dropping by late but from what I have figured out is that you keep sRGB turned off for SRMA and SSS textures.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 01-24-2018

@BrutalAce

You know I've gone back on forth on the SSS one. I was turning it off for a while but there's a few mods where I had to leave it on (Alex's C2 had some weird thing with his eyes) so I've been leaving SRGB checked for SSS. Agreed that it's definitely supposed to be unchecked for SRMA (or it makes all your textures too shiny).

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Bloody Rain - 01-24-2018

Thanks to @BrutalAce I now have Sakura's character models to play with Smile

Some things I've found. Her panties are a separate mesh from her legs for her default, and nostalgic costumes, but there's no body underneath (that's not surprising, it's just information).
Her story costume however, does feature one solid mesh for lower body, I intend to use this as the template to edit, then use as the replacement for the lower bodies for the rest of the costumes.

But what is surprising is that her UV layout is radically different for each costume not just in arrangement, but in scale and distortion, which means that replacing her lower body with one from her story costume is going to require some UV and texture editing beyond normal color changes.

I'm going to take a look at the textures once they finish extracting and see which direction would be most suitable for handling them, because sculpting new panties is the easy part, but getting that UV layout situated it going to take a little bit :/

In case anyone was wondering, there is nothing under her shirts :lol

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-24-2018

@Bloody Rain

The difference of UV is not new, pick any character and you'll find same body parts with different UV shapes and sizes among costumes. Your best bet is to project textures from source costume to target costume, in simple words just copy paste the textures you need and adjust them somewhere on your textures then place the UVs on them.

@sleepy_scrub

I didn't encountered any instance where I had to turn it off on SSS, I was saying that on the fact that when you hover your mouse over the check box it says that disable it for textures that have Alpha layer as masks and both SRMA and SSS do have Alpha masks except COLOR that use Alpha as transparency.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 02:42 AM)Bloody Rain Wrote: But what is surprising is that her UV layout is radically different for each costume not just in arrangement, but in scale and distortion, which means that replacing her lower body with one from her story costume is going to require some UV and texture editing beyond normal color changes.

@Bloody Rain
Every model is like that really, that's why these panty requests are deceptively tricky. Just sayin   Dodgy

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - gatto tom - 01-29-2018

Hi guys! If i want import costumes from other games to SFV which tutorial should i follow? I am a bit disorientated XD

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 01-31-2018

@gatto tom

Uncle Festor's video tutorials are always good, I learned a lot from those.
Could start with the 3rd one of his new series, maybe....? Scroll around until you see Unreal Engine stuff, that's what you need to know the most.

I learned most of what I know from Festor's first video tutorial series.
Also the stickied post from the first page of Modding Discussion over on Zetaboards.

Eventually I will circle around and put my own tutorial together.