Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-28-2017

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Okay I'll put out a texture tutorial for you, stay tuned Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-28-2017

(12-28-2017, 04:00 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Ecchi Gamer"

Okay I'll put out a texture tutorial for you, stay tuned Smile

thanks for that but i might not be able to stay tuned because i have to go to collage 
i will come back in aprox 6-7 hours from now

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Lol no worries, what I meant is to keep checking the forum when you have time. I'll try to post it as soon as I can.

@"BrutalAce"

ok

@"BrutalAce"

I imported kasumi bikini over chunli seashell bikini

[Image: doa5_kasumi_costume_17_hotties_swimwear_...a1psiu.jpg]

this was the result

[Image: chunli_with_kasumi_bikini_doa5lr_by_ecch...by3hsh.jpg][img]file:///C:/Users/waji/Documents/Bandicam/vlc%202017-12-28%2006-21-34-801.jpg[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/waji/Documents/Bandicam/vlc%202017-12-28%2006-21-34-801.jpg[/img]
[img]file:///C:/Users/waji/Documents/Bandicam/vlc%202017-12-28%2006-21-34-801.jpg[/img]

[Image: chunli_with_kasumi_bikini_doa5lr_by_ecch...by3hsl.jpg]

don't know why the textures for hair are wrong
maybe because of the placement in the normal map has change
i don't but in any case can't wait for your tutorial i am really excited for this
[img]file:///C:/Users/waji/Documents/Bandicam/vlc%202017-12-28%2006-21-34-801.jpg[/img]

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Congratulations man! looks very good as far as rigging goes, you're a fast learner Big Grin

As for why hairs have wrong textures, can you send me the mod so I can see what's wrong ? the mod and blend file both.

I am almost done with my texture tutorial so I will be posting it tonight so you can fix those bikini textures.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-29-2017

@"BrutalAce"

here's the blender file
https://mega.nz/#!LNlDAJTK!G0m-qC2mh_qe9Bn4SNWF-aWSV9PNOUE3hhxIiOny2No

here'e the mod 
https://mega.nz/#!TEFS2KJC!n0IriRFrRQ23-dl4jAMl90nXyxGy0MMba0cRyeon6hI

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-29-2017

@"Ecchi Gamer"

I posted the tutorial here but it's not complete yet, it's too late now so I need to take a nap, I'll complete it tomorrow but in the meantime go through it and see if it clear few concepts ?

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=274

About hairs, from Blender file I can't figure out why the hair color is changed as everything looks fine but I'll give it another look tomorrow in game, does the color change with ribbon color ?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-31-2017

@"BrutalAce"

Thanks to your explainations i think i have a rough idea about textures

moving on
i did an experiment to import full deadoralive model to sfv
the results were not too good but at the same time not very disappointing because of the fact that i was new to all of this and i never had high expectations for it to work
this was the model that i used
[Image: vlc_2017_12_31_02_19_43_992_by_ecchigamer-dbyf38m.jpg]

this whole thing took alot of time effort and finally this was the result

[Image: vlc_2017_12_31_02_17_59_203_by_ecchigamer-dbyf37s.jpg]

[/spoiler]

this is the video link
https://youtu.be/pJVXeOpim5Q

the underwear is acting weird i think its because when i transfer weights it transfer the weights from the thigh as well so it stretches with the thigh, thats what i think not so sure about it

the textures for the hair are messed up but i didn't want to test the textures in this experiment anyways and besides the textures for body,bikini and face (to some extend ) are fine

the thing that is not right is the face animation check the video link to what i am talking about if you have the time

perhaps i don't understand much about the armature yet that why i am putting this thing aside
and want work on the armature and then on the physics

i believe i need to understand how the armature works before i move on to physics
this is an image of your mod

[Image: vlc_2017_12_31_02_17_10_865_by_ecchigamer-dbyf38g.jpg]

[Image: vlc_2017_12_31_02_17_24_375_by_ecchigamer-dbyf386.jpg]

i noticed that you made bones in the armature for your hair and the cloth
( i don't know if those pointy thingies are called bones i like to call them pointy thingies)

if i take a sfv model having short hair 
i remove that hair and add a long loose hair or a pony tail
is it possible to insert bones in the existing armature for the new hair or do we have to make the armature from scratch

I don't know anything about how to make an armature or how it works
i just know that it acts as a skeleton i think?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-01-2018

@"Ecchi Gamer"

Your most welcome Smile

Bringing a whole new body requires a lot of work, it can surely be done yes but you need to be very accurate proportionally when you match them. The body should look 1/1 copy or very close if you want to achieve good rigging, same goes for face rigging when you bring a new face from outside.

The reason why her underwear is stretching badly is because you probably haven't matched the areas properly and that's why her underwear got weights from thighs and thus stretch towards thigh bones, the only way to fix that is to match the area as accurately as you can and then transfer weights again. In most cases if you just want the swimsuit then the best practice is to bring the swimsuit and rig it just like you did earlier for Chunli and Juri, a whole body should only be brought when you actually need a body, I did something like that in SF4AE when I made seashell bikini for Chunli, I wanted a brand new body for Chun and that's why I rigged entire body of Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw, here are some screens.

[Image: chunli_seashell_bikini_for_sf4ae_by_brut...6ayawb.jpg]

But this was a long project as I had to match her as good as I can but now days I just prefer to make original bodies by taking parts already available in game and then completing the missing parts myself and texturing them. It's also time consuming but it give way better results than bringing bodies from outside.

About hairs, I think they are fine but you forgot to copy transparency map in the alpha layer so they're not getting any transparency.

Moving to next images, those pointy thingies are bones indeed but feel free to call them pointy thingies, doesn't hurt Wink and yes they are inserted in the armature. The sash bones are brand new while her hair bones are taken from her battle costume armature and merged with her story costume armature.

If you're bringing a long ponytail then yes you can edit the armature and bring new bones, you don't have to make entire thing again but if you bring new bones then you'll have to animate them in UE4 by making a Physics Asset file using physics asset editor, they won't animate automatically.

And armature and skeleton are two names of the same thing Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 01-03-2018

Hey all:

Q: I'm trying to hex edit/replace one of Nash's C1 material files with a material with transparency. Having some trouble though.
All of Nash's texture files start w/NSH_blahblah instead of CT_NSH_blahblah like basically every other texture file in the game.  I feel like that's going to mess things up...? Should I just use another costume...?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-03-2018

@"sleepy_scrub"

You can try replacing CT_ of other materials with dot (00 in hex) and see if it works.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - sleepy_scrub - 01-03-2018

@"BrutalAce"

Understood, will give it a shot. I got the material to switch actually, I've just gotta figure out how to reasign everything within that material to my actual textures...

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 01-03-2018

@"sleepy_scrub"

If you mean how to insert your texture names in the material then you have two options, either hex edit your textures too and replace that CT_ with dots (00 in hex) or compile new textures with the names you want. I recently wrote a tutorial that explains how to compile new textures using UE4 and this way you have choose whatever names you like.

http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=274

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - ThanosHunter - 01-04-2018

New here but have been doing my own personal mods such as color edits and Bgm swaps for almost a year. Today I ran into an issue with the color edit tool for 15 colors out of nowhere it now says that a virus was found on the program (mind you this was working properly just few hours ago). The next thing I did was look for a replacement on the web and when I downloaded the replacement it paused saying virus detected. 

Now my question is, how do I fix this problem is it really a virus or can my pc be acting up?