Modder Base
Modding Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Modding Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=26)

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - tom12422 - 12-12-2017

how to swap Cammy 11 costume (doll) with Alpha mod? I do everything as always but its not working ;/

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - robhal - 12-12-2017

@"tom12422"
All costumes starting from slot 10 and above (like Cammy's C11 and Chun-Li's C10+C11+C14+C16) seems can't be swapped in or out, not sure why.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Segadordelinks - 12-12-2017

I tried the trick and works well, but I must be doing something else wrong.

This is what I get when try to emulate the original file (only the mesh file is edited).
Show ContentSpoiler:
The left one is before the transformation and the right one is after the transformation.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - jayubig - 12-13-2017

Hi, my street fighter 5 version 0.2.080 mod not working. I am running pak manager 2.02

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - tabs - 12-25-2017

hey, asking from the marvel section but i figure it works similarly: does anyone have any experience with APEX cloth and 3dsmax?

specifically, i can't seem to get the cloth to actually collide with the character model so it clips like crazy. in the 3dsmax simulation it works just fine but in ue4 it's pretty much no use at all

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-25-2017

@"tabs"

If it's colliding fine in 3DS Max then it means you have a kinematic rig with collision hulls but you might not be exporting them which is the reason why you loose collisions in UE4, when exporting APX file make sure you check "Include Collision Hulls" in export options, that will bring collisions in UE4.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-26-2017

Hello everyone 
I'm a clueless newbie when it comes to modding
I have just recently learned how to use unreal engine a little bit
All i know is how to edit the sfv models in blender a little bit like this one

[Image: thicc_juri_legacy_outfit_mod_by_ecchigamer-dbxkra5.jpg]

I am trying to import a custom xps mesh to sfv
I used Chunli seashell bikini mod by brutal ace as the base for this
i imported a custom xps doa5lr bikini in blender and adjusted the custom mesh over the base body

now is was trying to transfer weights to the custom mesh
this is what did    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt2oZmloKSM

can someone please check this if they have the time
I want to know that am in I going in the right direction with this or not
If this is ok then i will move on to the textures and normal map

thankyou

I'm completely new to modding and have not much idea about how to rig and all that stuff

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-26-2017

@"Ecchi Gamer"

You're doing it right but you don't have to create vertex groups manually, all you have to do is to select the source mesh (body) then the target mesh (bikini) and hit transfer weights, that will automatically create all the required vertex groups. For best results select "Nearest Face Interpolated". You might have to clean/fix some weights later but overall you get pretty decent results by just transferring the weights.

Also you don't have to assign the material name like you're doing, just join both meshes after you're done with weight transfer and you'll see material names will combine as well, after that go in edit mode and select the newly added material (Model001_Material001) which will select the bikini then click on the target material name (CM_CNL_03_ClothB) and hit assign to assign the bikini mesh from Model001_Material001 to CM_CNL_03_ClothB, now you can delete Model001_Material001 name.

I can help you with textures once you're ready Smile

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 07:18 AM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Ecchi Gamer"

You're doing it right but you don't have to create vertex groups manually, all you have to do is to select the source mesh (body) then the target mesh (bikini) and hit transfer weights, that will automatically create all the required vertex groups. For best results select "Nearest Face Interpolated". You might have to clean/fix some weights later but overall you get pretty decent results by just transferring the weights.

Also you don't have to assign the material name like you're doing, just join both meshes after you're done with weight transfer and you'll see material names will combine as well, after that go in edit mode and select the newly added material (Model001_Material001) which will select the bikini then click on the target material name (CM_CNL_03_ClothB) and hit assign to assign the bikini mesh from Model001_Material001 to CM_CNL_03_ClothB, now you can delete Model001_Material001 name.

I can help you with textures once you're ready Smile

Thanks for the help . I took your advice and started with a normal two piece since i'm am new to all of this

I have watched unclefester's tutorial too
next thing i did is that i tried to assign textures in blender
i seriously have not much idea about how textures work
this is what did            https://youtu.be/R1K6w4dDSc0

also when i veiw my model in uv image editor it only shows the swimsuit in it
why is the rest of the body not showing on it

if i have misunderstood unclefester's tutorial and have no idea about what i am doing
then please tell me what should i do

this is the model fbx file         https://mega.nz/#!DUUiTRgQ!VENiwrRPpM7LRCCgSBDiFzoMEUov2g4lbHXg0ByWQiE

this is the folder containing textures for
chunli seashell bikini                               https://mega.nz/#!SVlChCqY!PfvBOGjBwNzBO7xRZAJqcBaksGx17SG-Hn6Yj4M1VfA

this is the folder containing the xps mesh is used along with
its textures and normal maps              https://mega.nz/#!DAd1zChB!S-W00RPeBgCqch5tzy68zKoD6E5h_Dt-Cq_IHLB35C8

the reason i posted these links so that you could help me in the most convenient way for you
if you find it easy then use them or if have some other way in mind that might consume less of your time then go ahead

i just wanted to say i am completely clueless about what i am supposed to do from this point

hope I'm not bothering you too much
Thanks a lot for your help its really appreciated

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-26-2017

@"Ecchi Gamer"

No worries, I'll try my best to help. The first thing you need to know is that you don't have to assign any textures in Blender, Blender is only used for resizing and rigging the meshes. Rest of the stuff is done outside using Photoshop and UE4. I am trying to finish my tutorial as soon as possible so wait a bit and that will explain everything, I am using something simple like putting bangles on a character so you get the workflow idea with textures but it's still gonna be long tutorial so wait a bit Smile

Also the reason you don't see rest of the body is probably because you haven't renamed your UV before joining the bikini mesh with body, if you see UV of bikini it probably have a name like UV1 while the body has UV with name UVChannel_1, this is the standard name that SFV use so before joining any new mesh you have to rename it's UV map name to UVChannel_1 so when you join them the UVs will also combine otherwise the model will have two separate UVs, one with UV1 name and another as UVChannel_1. You can fix this by separating the bikini and body meshes and then changing bikini mesh UV name to UVChannel_1 and then join it back to body, once joined delete the unnecessary "UV1" name.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-27-2017

(12-26-2017, 07:38 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: @"Ecchi Gamer"

No worries, I'll try my best to help. The first thing you need to know is that you don't have to assign any textures in Blender, Blender is only used for resizing and rigging the meshes. Rest of the stuff is done outside using Photoshop and UE4. I am trying to finish my tutorial as soon as possible so wait a bit and that will explain everything, I am using something simple like putting bangles on a character so you get the workflow idea with textures but it's still gonna be long tutorial so wait a bit Smile

Also the reason you don't see rest of the body is probably because you haven't renamed your UV before joining the bikini mesh with body, if you see UV of bikini it probably have a name like UV1 while the body has UV with name UVChannel_1, this is the standard name that SFV use so before joining any new mesh you have to rename it's UV map name to UVChannel_1 so when you join them the UVs will also combine otherwise the model will have two separate UVs, one with UV1 name and another as UVChannel_1. You can fix this by separating the bikini and body meshes and then changing bikini mesh UV name to UVChannel_1 and then join it back to body, once joined delete the unnecessary "UV1" name.

thanks for your response and
can't wait for your tutorial , hope its finished soon
any rough idea about when its finished

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-27-2017

@"Ecchi Gamer"

In the meantime have you tried doing something simpler like editing an existing model, removing some parts, editing textures and then repacking it for the game again ? this will help you understand some part of workflow. I can help you here if you face some difficulty.

You can download my character resource modding pack here which contains models of all characters, you can start something basic with that.

https://mega.nz/#!Wl1jFLpT!QTzvB4B3Nn9EDsQAqnNo0Q-98d1S7m-ithX7fFR_zoY

About tutorial, I'll say somewhere around next week. I'll try to post incomplete version today and edit it in coming days as I'll write more.

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-27-2017

@"BrutalAce"

i have already downloaded your modding resources
i think i know about removing parts and editing meshes a little bit
the thing that i am mostly clueless is the textures
i can edit them in photoshop
but afterwards i don't know how to assign specific textures to materials in ue4 (i.e if we are supposed to assign them in ue4. Are we [Image: question.png] i don't really know)
also i am not sure but i think sfv uses bc5 compression or whatever....

but any way i will try to experiment on the modding resource like you said and let you how far i go in it[Image: wink.png]

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - BrutalAce - 12-27-2017

If you're just stuck because of textures then I can write a small texture tutorial that will help you get started, I think you already know how to make a new project in UE4 with proper folder structure right ?

RE: Modding Discussion Thread - Ecchi Gamer - 12-28-2017

(12-27-2017, 06:54 PM)BrutalAce Wrote: If you're just stuck because of textures then I can write a small texture tutorial that will help you get started, I think you already know how to make a new project in UE4 with proper folder structure right ?

yeah i do know how to make folder structure afterwards how to assign materials to the mesh
i can write a small tutorial then that would be awsome