Modder Base
Swapping to C10 or higher - Printable Version

+- Modder Base (http://modderbase.com)
+-- Forum: Street Fighter V (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Modding Questions & Discussions (http://modderbase.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Swapping to C10 or higher (/showthread.php?tid=1061)

Swapping to C10 or higher - sonicprogrammer - 12-23-2019

Hi @"robhal". I just tried both a full swap and a mini swap of one of my mods from C6 to C11 thinking that C11 is Sakura's track suit. Neither swap worked. Is her track suit actually C11, are swaps to C10 or higher special somehow, or am I messing something up?

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - robhal - 12-24-2019

@"sonicprogrammer"
Yes her Track Suit costume is C11, but unfortunately swapping to C10 slot or higher is not as simple as it looks. Check the thread by @"TiggieWhite" below for more info (especially this post of mine which I explained on how to swap from C1 to C18, using Chun-Li as example)
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=811

Or you also can try the automatic conversion script by @"bbb", check out his thread below
http://modderbase.com/showthread.php?tid=1000

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - sonicprogrammer - 12-24-2019

@"robhal" Hmm, definitely confusing as it's new to me. Since I'm trying to move a C6 to C11, should I start the DataAsset files as the C11 ones? Or do I need to know how the C11 ones look so I can edit the C6 ones to be similar? And not sure about that magic number thing. I couldn't find it under the FF FF FF FF. All I have there is 00 00 00 00.

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - robhal - 12-24-2019

@"sonicprogrammer"
Yeah, indeed it's confusing for starter (happened to me as well). To swap from C10- (like C6, in your case) to C10+ slot (C11, in your case), you need all the DataAsset from the C6 folder, then you rename them like in C11 and start hex-editing them. When all DataAsset files are finished, you can now rename and hex-editing the rest of files in Material, Mesh, Sound and Texture folder like usual (they don't need special treatment, unlike the DataAsset files).

The magic number is the first two digits under the FF FF FF FF, so in your case since the files are C10- slot you will see 00 00 00 00. Now the magic number is 00 (the first two digits) then you need to change it to the value like in C11 slot, so now open one DataAsset file from C11 with hex-editor and search for FF FF FF FF again, you will see it's not 00 00 00 00 under them but it's 0C 00 00 00. Now remember the 0C value (it's the magic number we are talking about) and close that DataAsset file from C11 as we don't need it anymore. Based on what you see and remember, now change the magic number from C6 DataAsset files from 00 00 00 00 to 0C 00 00 00 00.

Anyway, it's kind of complicated to explain the whole thing, so to make it easier, maybe you want to request the swap so that I make it first then you can see how I do the swap?

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - sonicprogrammer - 12-24-2019

@"robhal" Ah, I thought I'd need the C11 files for something. Gotta re-rip them and haven't had time to just yet, but will do it soon. I think I understand perfectly from your explanation. Thanks a lot as always! ^^

And the one I was requested to swap is an NSFW one you've already turned down at someone else's request some time back, but no worries. I also wanna do it for my own sake at practicing swapping again. Wink

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - robhal - 12-25-2019

@"sonicprogrammer"
For this case, you don't need the C11 files at all. You only need to open one of those xxx_11 files to see the "magic number" (which is 0C). And I am sorry about me turning down some mods that I classified as NSFW mod.

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - BBB - 12-25-2019

@"robhal" @"sonicprogrammer"

I had made a list of all the magic numbers, so searching the original files won't be necessary

00 = C1 to C9
0B = C10
0C = C11
0D = C12
0E = C13
0F = C14
10 = C15
11 = C16
12 = C17
13 = C18
14 = C19
15 = C20
16 = C21
17 = C22
18 = C23
19 = C24
20 = C25
21 = C26
22 = C27
23 = C28
24 = C29
25 = C30

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - sonicprogrammer - 12-25-2019

@"bbb" @"robhal" @"TiggieWhite" Just wanna say that you guys are an amazing foundation of support for this community. Glad to be a part of it! Wink
Thanks bbb! I'll be giving the swap a shot soon. And np robhal. I respect any reason you have for what you do.

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - sonicprogrammer - 12-27-2019

Ok, here are the results of my latest attempt today.
I'm now using my original C1 version of the mod. I am trying to do a full swap to C11. I actually fixed a mistake I made with each DataAsset file. Almost all the references to ~_11 files weren't replaced with the cut off versions of the names. I changed the magic number on all the files except the CustomizeSetting one. And I'm certain those files are now perfect. I went through each of them thoroughly.
But the game still freezes upon loading the title screen and I bet it has something to do with how Capcom messed with the Texture folder names between slots 1~9 and 10+. C1's slot has it called "Textures" and C11 has it called "Texture". The game wasn't working regardless, but I changed the folder name to be "Texture" even though it was a C1 mod and changed all references to the texture folders in all the files respectfully with the hex editor. Not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point now. Was changing it to "Texture" a bad move?

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - BBB - 12-27-2019

@"sonicprogrammer"

The texture folder name shouldn't matter because if the original mod uses Textures, when you convert the mod, the references are still looking for Textures since only the costume slot number/character code/magic number gets changed, so no need to change the folder name.

RE: Swapping to C10 or higher - sonicprogrammer - 12-27-2019

@"bbb" Thanks. I'll give that a shot and see if it'll stop freezing. =P